What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS OR WINTER EFFECT SCENES!!

At the suggestion of Angel Whip - this thread is for photographs of Winter scenes however lets make it a bit more catchy by adding...

...winter scenes of decorated Christmas Trees both inside and outdoors (in malls, restaurants or even at home)? and also include great yard scenes taken at night! After all businesses, friends and neighbors spend lots of time and money giving us a colorful presentations to admire or drive by, we should at least all enjoy the fruits of their labor.? Plus I love night photography.? ? :p

As usual you can assist your masterpieces in photoshop, Image Ready, and any plug-in that enhances the effect - get tricky!

DON'T DELAY START SNAPPING NOW! WE ONLY HAVE 22 DAYS LEFT!

Ok since no one is posting on my fabulous challenge ha ha ha, I'll jump in with the angel at my door.

This is the same scene using "thrown camera" technique. I'm just a beginner at it and I can attest that takes a lot of courage to toss the camera. For this one I let the cam dangle from its leash.

Sean

Guru
:surprised: Cool, pics! I perticularly like the "thrown camera" technique. Just make sure you hold on! [confused] Very cool. :perfect:
I think I might have some Christmas pics some were around here....

ronmatt

Guru
I threw my camera once. NEVER FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!. :cry: I'm about to throw my computer........

Hi Ronmatt and Patrick Thanks for dropping by--I'm anxious waiting your winter scenes. BTW How'd you find this thread? I went to photography category and didn't see it -- I found it by going to "profiles" and looking for last post by Joy. Do I have it in the wrong place? [saywhat]

Sean

Guru
Nope. Right where it should be. I don't know why you couldn't see it?!? \:/ Thats just weird. [stuned]
This is what I'm seeing:

OK I found it! I thought I was looking here before but... I'm confused about why I couldn't see it. I'm not receiving notices of new postings either so something is miss-wired at headquarters-- sorry for all the complaints

kiwi

Guru
Joy Foraker said:
This is the same scene using "thrown camera" technique.? I'm just a beginner at it and I can attest that takes a lot of courage to toss the camera.? For this one I let the cam dangle from its leash.

Thats is a really cool technique Joy.....but I aint throwing my Canon anywhere to test it mysef :D

ronmatt

Guru
this actually is an ad for a tahoe ski resort. I removed the logo so that it couldn't be considered SPAM
and it's a few years old and no copyright issues

Hi Stuie - You've been ignoring me lately so I'm glad you finally posted a reply. ;) Yes about the cam I know I know. Thrown camera enthusiasts say to buy a discardable cam first to get the hang - apparently there is some expected wrist action. I can only let my Minolta dangle from its string [saywhat] therefore, I don't get the great shots I've seen by others :cry:

Ronmatt - Thanks for posting, that's a great winter scene, the look on his face is priceless. I love the sush!

Klaatu Baradda Nikto

Tossing Your Christmas Cookies

Convenient method:
Next time you find yourself in front of a trampoline... at night..., grab your camera and go bouncing.
Weeeeee!

Of course, Joy, you know you can always do what we do and put Gort on a catapult while he's holding the shutter open.
Sometimes, he can "stick" the landing.

...and the Russian judge gives him a 9.5

ronmatt

Guru
found this. love it. [honesty]

TaoBoogie

Not too sure if this is the type of thing you wanted Joy. I did this for my niece last week. ronmatt's picture reminded of it. :)
robin.jpg

KLAATU SEZ: Gort on a catapult...
HA HA HA KLAATU IS THAT THE FAMOUS "THROWN GORT TECHNIQUE"? or in case he tosses his cookies along the way, we could call it the "GTSE"? (GORT TOSSED SALAD? EFFECT) ... OOOO what wicked torture for my dear green one? ;).

RonMatt - Loved your goosey entourage - they look like they are having a good time avoiding the dinner plate during the holidays.

:cry: TaoBoogie your image won't open for me? :cry:

AngleWhip Tempting ornaments! Very cute pic.

nitrobutler

Power User
Hey, we've finally got some snow! here in NYC.
This image may not be artistic, but I wasn't about to go out in it just yet.
So here is a shot of my front lawn.

wow its looks cold but beautiful. Really like the branch structures and colors, did you use a photo filter or just catch the light that way?

AngelWhip

you really captured the brrrrrrrrr effect. i think my nose got frostbite from sitting too close to the monitor. very nice. i think i'm going to have to look at favorite summer pics to get my eyes warmed up.