What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Summer Pictures

Raven

Power User
:surprised: and some seals I caught way off on a bit of island with the telephoto...couldn't see them without it but they were barking loudly...

OMG MAYA i"M GREEN WITH ENVY -- YOU LIVE NEAR THIS???? Wow I see some distant haze but-- looks sunny on the shore. You've captured the beautiful colors of the rocks strata, love those trees that are surviving on the mountaintop -tho sparce, they seem to be dancing or at least yelling "hallolullia I'm here".. Thanks for this treat!

Welles

Guru
I'm impressed by the quality of the telephoto shot! Bark bark... :surprised:

You had a nice day out, Maya. B7

ricib

Beautiful Shots Maya, and thanks for the commetns, maybe one day I'll get good like you, at this art stuffs.

Raven

Power User
;\ Thanks for the replies and comments Joy, Welles and Ric! Glad these were fun for you to see. It was a great day out and around the local area here. :D

The way that tree was leaning clear over and off the cliff was amazing to me...it's just hanging in there. Kind of an inspiration of beating the odds......

With the devastation of those caught in the path of Hurricane Katrina in mind, I hope they can survive the odds with nature too......it's overwhelming...... [stuned]

Yep, I agree Maya --Hurricane Kartina really poured on the grief - its always amazing to me how tragedy brings out the best in people.

This succulent is from my garden. Not so pretty when planted in mass but in a single pot, they shine like happy bells atop a long neck.

Ahaa thanks Welles, I sorta made the frame up as I went along = "tinkering"

U taken anymore summer pictures? My Hydranga's are completely bloomed out, do yours still have blossoms?

Raven

Power User
:} :} :} Very elegant and beautiful image, Joy! :perfect: Your garden must be spectacular, a pleasure to behold!

Welles

Guru
Joy Foraker said:
Ahaa thanks Welles, I sorta made the frame up as I went along = "tinkering"

U taken anymore summer pictures? My Hydranga's are completely bloomed out, do yours still have blossoms?

The hydrangeas are history, even the foliage is starting to show signs of fall creeping upon us. I've taken no more pictures as I've been extremely busy this summer. I've only done a couple graphics jobs but quite a bit of heavy construction. Other people go to the gym. I take on skilled physical labor and get paid for it! ;)

ricib

I came across these last night... Hope someone enjoys them.

kansas-farm-mine.jpg

Some old farm house in the middle of Kansas. Literally.

lighthouse-outside-payten-c.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out why this lighthouse is in the middle of Colorado, but it is. May just be for the fun of it, but it was cool to me, anyway.

kansas-sunflowers-mine.jpg

And I couldn't post today without posting Sunflowers that I saw on the side of the road.

Traditional Film Pictures Scanned.

TaoBoogie

Some really good photos here that I've enjoyed immensely. You made me laugh out loud Joy when I read your comment about photographing anything that moved in your garden.
I don't have a garden (but I do live next to a big park in Liverpool) so on my weekly visits to my Ma's everything is a candidate for a photo.
I also work outdoors in horticulture and conservation so my camera goes everywhere with me, but this is the best shot I've been able to manage of the dragonflys zooming up and down the canal towpath I ride along, and I've been trying for months, spurred on by Joys photo.
I've missed some pages in this thread so my questions of "where are those seal photos from Raven" may well have been answered. So I will go look again for my(lazy)self ;)

Hatch

Wow this thread has grown. Wonderful pictures!!!

A few from yesterday... We moved from Japan to Phoenix and this weekend we headed to the Grand Canyon. I shot about 400 photos and I need to go through and work on them. A few to share for now from the canyon rim. The storm photo is from the trip up to the canyon.

00255.jpg

00257.jpg

00258.jpg

Hatch

ricib

Great photo's Hatch. I've got relatives out in Phoenix but have never gone to the Canyon. You're making it hard for me to say no any longer.

Hatch

Thanks!

You have to make the trip... only a couple of hours from Phoenix..and on the way there you can go through Sedona and Oak Creek canyon. I will post a few shots from there also. Lots to see and do. The canyon was great... lots of wildlife and the canyon is just amazing.

Thanks again, Hatch

Wow I made this long tribute to recently posted photos by Tao, Hatch, Ricib, Maya and then lost it!
OK I'll take another attempt - I hope I don't forget anyone.?
You all make me so proud --the technical and emotional content on this thread is awesome.

Tao OMG that shot was worth all the trouble - The dragonfly looks so stream line - I've never seen the wings folded that way before. Captivating.

Hatch - Breathtaking lighting! and I love the colors and detail of your squirrel and expansive vista. I'd love to be standing there right now!

Ricib - I'm really enjoying seeing Colorado through your lens.? I'd like to know the mystery of the desert lighthouse too.

Wow Maya, what a stunning lighthouse, can you imaging being keeper of the flame there? And the seals do look like they are having great fun!? I noticed two in the far corner that are either singing a duet together or having a really satisfying chat session.

Maya, No more flowers in the garden. Out of frustration, I made up some in illustrator. Not so original but they make me happy.
Mark love this spell check button

ricib

No problem Hatch. Great shots deserved to be talked about and pointed out. The lightning is Striking, literally. I love the Chipmunk, ad I had to rescue one from the doom of the Kitty a few years ago out in CO. (With leather gloves on of course) And the Canyon, yeah, I've got to get there. My one Cousin has a get away home near there, and I should take her up on the offer to come out and take it over anytime I want.

Joy, it's been my pleasue to post some of my favorite pics of Co. and a few other places that I've had the good fortune to travel too. I'm far from a good photographer, but I do enjoy it, and my 7 1/2 year old Sony Digicam keeps clicking away after @ 10,000 pics on it. I'm surprised the Floppy drive on it still works. I'm surprised i can still find floppies. Soon as I come up with more decent ones, I'll post them too. Speeeeeling? who needs to check their SpelLin'? he he

I have a few I took at a Ranch called the Flying W Ranch, which is a touristy type of thing, but still way fun, and good old fashioned Chuck Wagon food to boot. The problem i have with posting a few of them, is I don't have permission to post the faces, of what otherwise would be funny pics to share.

Sean

Guru
Alright, alright, I've finally got around to posting something here. So here's some pics from my yard. My parents really love gardening, and man, you wouldn't believe how bad our yard looked before we fixed it up. Here's a coulple of dalias from our yard too.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dalia044bo.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dalia029bo.jpg
http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p63088604ig.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p63088730yf.jpg

Ok, I gota post this - before and after:

Ricib - Anxious to see the Flying W.? We have a dude ranch here in the mountains in Goleta called the Circle Bar B.? ?Its fun for tourists and locals too.? They have house riding, swimming, ocean trails, and also a Theatre that employs my daughter.? I'll post some pictures of the place soon. [honesty]
Patrick OMG your neighbors must be ecstatic that your family took over. I'd say the improvement was 100%.? And also just think what a refruge your family has created for the critters and winged ones.? I'm really on cloud nine about this. :surprised: