What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Summer Pictures

Sean

Guru
Thanks, Joy.? :)
You should have seen the inside. }P

Speaking of critters and winged ones, we must have hit the kitty jackpot because they come it our yard all the time and take care of buisness - heh heh heh - if you know what I mean. But, the other day, we had 3 raccons in our yard! Whoa! [stuned] We also have some humming birds in the summer, but also some pigeons too, that go poo poo. Oh yeah, we also have some ravens that fly around our nieghborhood too. ;)

;) Patrick - you practically have a zoo there! Wow they did the inside too? What a job! Please pass along to your parents congrats for a splendid accomplishment! I hope they can now relax and enjoy the blooms and others you mentioned.

A thought: Poo Poo is good for plants but unlucky to step in >:Ohahaha

Sean

Guru
I'll pass that along, thanks. It was quite a task fixing it up. My dad did most all of the word work, cabinets, window and door frames, etc. I got to demolish parts of the house, even a whole wall! That was fun. :sneaky: We all helped paint and sheet rock the walls. Just to give you an idea of how bad it was, I posted a before and after of the kitchen. The people who lived there before kept thier cat inside and let it do its buisness in the living room. It was so bad that we had to cut out some of the floor boards out all the way through the bottom of the house. Man, I could on and on....
We put a LOT of work into it but it was well worth it!

Hatch

Disgusting about the cat!!! But ...What a wonderful renovation job you all did. Love the kitchen! Great use of color and it is 500X's better than the original. You all should be very proud. Nice work! Hatch

OMG what an improvement! Thanks for posting -- I can hardly believe my eyes!? The Kitchen is now so beautiful and looks fully equiped for creating delicious meals.? What an accomplishment!? You must be so proud and enjoying everything completely.? I am sure a massive 'rescue' effort like this, always means more to its owners.? Cheers to all~

Sean

Guru
Thanks again, Joy and Hatch. We love our house, even more so since we put so much work into it. I enjoy it every day. [excited]

ricib

ok, I'm pretty sure I won't get into trouble on this one. This is from the Flying "W" Ranch in the Colorado Springs area. I only took Black and White film at this place and am happy with the results. The guys can play and pick and such, and they can sing and entertain very well.

flying-w-ranchers.jpg

p?tr??k, nice work on the house. Dude.

ricib

So tonight, since I kind of have a cheffing background, I had the pleasure of seeing in person Jamie Oliver. A TV chef that I personally like to watch and listen to. Quite an ejoyable bloke. Quite cordial, we even got a laugh together.

jo3.jpg

jo4.jpg

:surprised: Hey There you go =Hobnobbing with the rich and famous Ricib? ;) Fun! Whatz your favorite thing to cook?

ricib

honestly, (and some will say what's the difference?) I'm so much better at baking and making chocolates than cooking on the stove orgrill or whatever, so I really don't have a favorite to cook, anything that tastes good to me, is my favorite. I'm a cookie and cake master though.

I don't know about hobnobbing, but I had a blast meeting and talking to him,even for a few short moments. I honestly did it more for a friend of mine to get a special bday present, since she's totally iobsessed with Jamie. I just happened to be lucky enough to meet him first.

I'm pretty down to earth, but I'll occasionally have a beer with Michael McDonald when he comes back to town. Or the regular joe too. I hobnob with anyone that's fun to be around.

Raven

Power User
:surprised: Wow! More great pictures from everyone! 8D

Joy -- Beautiful garden flower picture done in Illustrator!!! :} :} :}
Sean -- wonderful rennovations!!!
Ric -- Eat, drink and be merry!!! ;)

Well, as summer is just about to end I'll post a couple more beach scenes. This lighthouse is a different one from the other I posted before, this is Heceta Head Lighthouse, north of Florence, Oregon, which I caught with the light shining as evening was darkening the foggy coastline Sept. 8. It was very windy and rain was due. The light is probably the best known one on the Oregon coast, it has a really stunning setting.

Raven

Power User
This one is a bit earlier in the day and taken a few miles south of Florence.? The wind caused odd shaped scallops in the sand -- these sand dunes extend 70 miles south towards Bandon.? It's a lot of sandy beach and this is where it begins.

I liked the fog bank and contrast of some sunny blue sky left.

Welles

Guru
Great shots, Raven!

But what I really wanted to do was remark on the hovel to mansion transformation which p?tr??k's family performed. I've been a builder for 40 years and seldom have I seen such a dramatic example of love realized through craftsmanship. Wonderful!

:} :} :} :} :} :}
(The small crowd goes bonkers!)

ricib

I suppose with Tomorrow (21st) being the first official day of Autumn in the U.S. we'll need a new thread for favorite autumn pics.

This thread has been fun this summer. Thanks for all the great views everyone.

Raven - Breathtaking as usual - you can really capure it all - I feel like I'm there lapping up the beauty!?

Ricib said: This thread has been fun this summer
I couldn't have said it better.? Everyone's contribution was valuable and we proved that there is beauty everywhere.? -- On to Autum!

Raven

Power User
This was a great thread -- very fun to see others home areas, travels, etc.! :D Thanks for the comments, too, everyone!

Joy, how about starting out a Favorite Autumn Pictures thread? 8D

Sean

Guru
Maya - Stunning pics! :perfect: I live near the coast here so it brings back alot of memories.

Welles (and small crowd) - Thanks for the great comments! I'll pass that along to my dad - He is the craftsman around here and he disigned all the cabinetry and wood work.

Raven

Power User
8D Thanks much, Sean! I love the coast!
I agree with Welles on the amazing and beautiful home rennovating your family has done. :perfect:

AngelWhip

i hope you enjoy my favorite summer pic. i know i did! i wish i was there now!

Fort Lauderdale, FL. Mother's Day 2005.

Anglewhip- That is really a wonderful picture.? It would make a nice greeting card. Some how reminds me of Ernest Hemmingway's quote "Life is a moveable feast" -- It makes me feel happy too.