What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix ruddy, spider veined, complextion

mikecox

Skin.jpg

What is the easiest way to address this completion problem?

fredfish

Guru
Hi Michael

I would say a lot depends on how far you want to take it - you could go the whole gausian blur, supermodel approach (which would be aweful IMHO).

I just used a little bit of spot healing brush and came up with this in about 2 minutes.

spot healing.jpg

There is a big bit of me that thinks that these "blemishes" are what makes us - I do understand why some people dont like them but I really do think that we are who we are and we look how we look.

Cheers

John

mikecox

That's what I did though you're looks better. I absolutely agree with you but my boss will say it's unflatering and I shouldn't use it. So I have to do something but removal is what I'll do. Thanks for your help and advice.

Tom Mann

Guru
I usually try to minimize the color and brightness differences between the blemished areas and the normal areas before I use the spot healing brush. I usually use an old plugin called, "Color Mechanic" to do this (...Google some of my old posts about "Color Mechanic" for details, URL, etc.). I also try to bring the overall ruddiness down a bit. Here's what I got in a minute or two of work...

Tom M

Attachments

• Skin-tjm01-acr-ps01a-02.jpg
    Skin-tjm01-acr-ps01a-02.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 32

Tom Mann

Guru
Forget Softonic. The version they hawk is old, and, as you found out, is usually installed with unwanted and difficult to remove junk programs.

Instead, go right to the developer's website and download the newest version together with the manual. It's now free:

http://dl-c.com/site/downloads/cm-apps.php

Here's two of my previous posts on this plugin:
Retouching: Reducing / removing acne and rosacea from face in Photoshop (removing blo , and,
http://photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00aRTv

HTH,

Tom M

PS - And, if it's a really tough case, or I need really high quality results, I'll also throw in a frequency separation step, as well.

Last edited:

mikecox

Thanks so much!

I've got it working but it's asking for a serial number and the ReadMe file and the License agreement doesn't offer one. I know it's free, so why am getting this prompt? Without it I can't save changes.

Last edited:

mikecox

I've posted a response, thanks.