What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash in Photoshop

bhm123

Hello,
I am working on a site which I created in Photoshop except for the navigation menu. I created the nav menu in flash but I don't know how to just insert the swf in Photoshop? Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you,
Brad

You could have a look at the sample scripts that come with Photoshop IE:-
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Scripting\Sample Scripts\JavaScript\FlashUISample.jsx

Have you ever struggled to bring your Photoshop artwork into Flash? Designers have previously been restricted to exporting bloated PNG24 files or JPEGs and then having to laboriously reassemble them in Flash.
With the arrival of Flash CS3, however, this long-winded and painful approach is thankfully now history.

The PSD Importer has been born. You can now bring PSD files into Flash and retain the layer information. Layers are created on the timeline in Flash, which match their originals in Photoshop. You can optimise each layer element and retain editable text, layers can be selected and converted to movie clips and instance names can be added – all within the Importer dialog box.

The beauty of this approach is that layers converted to movie clips can have the full creative powers of Flash applied to them. The PSD Importer will save you time – time you can now use to concentrate on creating stunning artwork, interactivity and animations using Photoshop and Flash.

Here you’ll learn how to optimise your layers, create movie clips and add some video interactivity to a fictional movie site, The Far Gorta.

Have you ever struggled to bring your Photoshop artwork into Flash? Designers have previously been restricted to exporting bloated PNG24 files or JPEGs and then having to laboriously reassemble them in Flash.
With the arrival of Flash CS3, however, this long-winded and painful approach is thankfully now history.

The PSD Importer has been born. You can now bring PSD files into Flash and retain the layer information. Layers are created on the timeline in Flash, which match their originals in Photoshop. You can optimise each layer element and retain editable text, layers can be selected and converted to movie clips and instance names can be added – all within the Importer dialog box.

The beauty of this approach is that layers converted to movie clips can have the full creative powers of Flash applied to them. The PSD Importer will save you time – time you can now use to concentrate on creating stunning artwork, interactivity and animations using Photoshop and Flash.

Here you’ll learn how to optimise your layers, create movie clips and add some video interactivity to a fictional movie site, The Far Gorta.

Second what Cecil said!

I prefer saving the images for the web with (ctrl + shift + alt + s), and then importing them to flash with as3, its much cleaner, lighter and faster, but apparently the OP is asking how to bring a flash file into photoshop, you can't post the whole swf in photoshop an easy solution would be to print screen the running swf and paste then crop in photoshop

Summary of tutorial steps:
Step 1: Create the 3D text
Step 2: Create a new Document
Step 3: Bring the 3D text to Photoshop
Step 4: Adding Color to the text
Step 5: Adding Contrast to the Image
Step 6: Making the Color Little Bit Dull
Step 7: Adding Filter Effects
Step 8: Making Selection of Same Color on Top of the Text
Step 9: Filling the Selection
Step 10: Adding Drop Shadow
Step 11: Clear Finishing for Drop Shadow
Step 12: Shadow Adjustment
Step 13: Finished Image
Step 14: Installing Brush in Photoshop

The beauty of this approach is the layer into a movie clip can have full creative Flash applications to them. PSD importer will save you time, you can now use the time to focus on creating stunning works of art, interactivity and animation using Photoshop and Flash.

equivalent degrees Should be highly creative with new ideas Excellent hand drawing / coloring Able to draw BG in Flash / Photos hop.

I prefer saving the images for the web with (ctrl + shift + alt + s), and then importing them to flash with as3, its much cleaner, lighter and faster, but apparently the OP is asking how to bring a flash file into photoshop, you can't post the whole swf in photoshop an easy solution would be to print screen the running swf and paste then crop in photoshop

Back