What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floating Head

crzykate58

Hola! :cheesygrin:

i know the title isn't original, but had a lot of fun making this floating face! (side note, i updated the image from the original i posted on here because i kept looking at it, and i felt like it looked like the face was balding... idk, just seemed weird, so i added more cloud texture to incorporate the face better!)

Floating Head.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-26 at 4.17.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-26 at 4.17.14 PM.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Really nice work, how did you achieved the effect on the face?

i used the magnetic lasso tool to go around the edges of the face, to clean it up you can put a mask over the face and use a soft brush to clean up the edges. the original photo was too dark for me to use, so i had to play with the exposure and contrast, as well as the skin tone to make it better looking for when i turned it B&W. by the time i was done with the skin, the skin tone looked like this:

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 12.33.53 PM.png

Then i added a B&W, Levels, & Curves clipping mask, and the face came out like so:

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 12.46.31 PM.png

and THEN, for the final coloring and such, i added 3 different variations of color balance layers to the overall piece, and it made this coolio goldish pinkish redish thing:

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 12.59.42 PM.png

I love it Kate. How'd you get him to pose? LOL.

I'm not for sure which is the first one and which the revised, but I like the first in the post, the top one, best. It has more dimension.

But why the text? I don't think it adds anything and actually detracts. Put it in a bottom corner maybe. Unless there is some esoteric reason for it to be there . . .

Nice work.

I love it Kate. How'd you get him to pose? LOL.

I'm not for sure which is the first one and which the revised, but I like the first in the post, the top one, best. It has more dimension.

But why the text? I don't think it adds anything and actually detracts. Put it in a bottom corner maybe. Unless there is some esoteric reason for it to be there . . .

Nice work.

Thanks Clare! ^_^

The top one is the revised version, and i totally agree, better dimension fo sho! and there's no real reason for the text haha i can take that off :D

And I got him to pose like that because i'm temporarily his semi boss hahahahaha! oh the power!! :devilish: lol

revised, no words ;)

Floating Head.jpg

Back