What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Font Issues

Paul

Former Member
When i try to use some fonts they do not appear as i type them into the image area, why is that please?
All my fonts are either pre installed or downloaded fonts from various legit font sites, the cursor shows itself to be typing the words i want to appear, but no letters actually show up on screen?
Please note that other fonts load and run correctly?

Last edited:
are your fonts installed into your system or are you using a 3rd party font manager
I ask becaus I had similar issues and turned out I had to many fonts installed into my system and some got corrupted I now use a 3rd party font manager and only activate the fonts i need for a project then disable them. I am sure people are aware if you have 1000's of fonts installed it grinds your system down.
silly other point is if it is a large style font i.e a graffiti style the text box needs to be a lot bigger than the actual type area also some of the more adventourous fonts may not support font colours etc I have had a few like that
try resetting the text tool and character spacing in the character window
I know this does not answer your question directly but it could be a case of corrupted font so maybe try it in another program like office that is why a font manager is excellent as it scans the fonts and checks they are not corrupted and if it can will repair them
what font format are you using i try to keep all mine as ttf (true type file/font)

Thanks for the reply, my fonts are all installed to my font files, they all work in 'office'.
I tried with one that as never loaded for me, it works fine now, i had to make it a lot bigger than i would have thought - i mean huge? but it appeared.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply, my fonts are all installed to my font files, they all work in 'office'.
I tried with one that as never loaded for me, it works fine now, i had to make it a lot bigger than i would have thought - i mean huge? but it appeared.
Thanks again.

what is the resolution of the picture you are using the font in? if it is a really high resolution say 1200ppi or something it will mess with your font values.

Back