What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting "Color Mechanic" to run under PS CC 2014, ie 64 bit PS

Tom Mann

Guru
In another thread, I mentioned that I couldn't get the old (2008 vintage), but extremely useful plugin, Color Mechanic, to run under 64 bit Photoshop. Larry ( ALB68) showed that he didn't have this problem, so I started this thread to help other people with this problem, but not clog up the original thread.

OK, Larry, what's your secret? I just tried again, and still can't get it to work. Arghhh! I attempted to get it to run exactly the same way I installed all my previous installs of it (that worked fine).

Tom

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
In another thread, I mentioned that I couldn't get the old (2008 vintage), but extremely useful plugin, Color Mechanic, to run under 64 bit Photoshop. Larry ( @ALB68) showed that he didn't have this problem, so I started this thread to help other people with this problem, but not clog up the original thread.

OK, Larry, what's your secret? I just tried again, and still can't get it to work. Arghhh! I attempted to get it to run exactly the same way I installed all my previous installs of it (that worked fine).

Tom

Tom,
Mine is Color Mechanic Pro. It cost $69.95. See the 2nd image I posted below the first one.

Tom Mann

Guru
Mine, too. I got the license and everything.

????

T

PS - Gotta go off the air for a few hours. CU later.

ALB68

Mine, too. I got the license and everything.

????

T

PS - Gotta go off the air for a few hours. CU later.

Dunno then, mine runs just fine.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey Larry, I've looked and looked, tried to reinstall Color Mechanic, etc., but have had no success getting it to run under 64 bit Photoshop, either the original CC version, or the more recent 64 bit CC-2014 verson. For the record, I double checked, and yes, Color Mechanic was still running just fine under 32 bit PS CC. My OS is 64 bit Windows 8.

Can I ask a favor: As I recall, you are running Windows 7 or 8. If so, and it's not too much trouble, could you please copy the full, exact path to the directory into which you copied Color Mechanic's files, as well as the names of those files.

Thank you very much!

Tom

ALB68

Hey Larry, I've looked and looked, tried to reinstall Color Mechanic, etc., but have had no success getting it to run under 64 bit Photoshop, either the original CC version, or the more recent 64 bit CC-2014 verson. For the record, I double checked, and yes, Color Mechanic was still running just fine under 32 bit PS CC. My OS is 64 bit Windows 8.

Can I ask a favor: As I recall, you are running Windows 7 or 8. If so, and it's not too much trouble, could you please copy the full, exact path to the directory into which you copied Color Mechanic's files, as well as the names of those files.

Thank you very much!

Tom
Here you go Tom. -Windows 7
color_mechanic 64.PNG

Tom Mann

Guru
Thank you, Thank YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Your screen shot immediately pointed me in the right direction. I had version 2.0 Pro. The *.bf file for that version was named ColorMechanic.8bf, whereas yours was named ColorMechanic2-64.8bf.

Obviously, a new version had come out since I last looked. I went back to their website and found it: Version 2.1 Pro. I downloaded it, moved the file to the plugin directory, and it worked immediately with my old license key.

All is good!

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Tom

ALB68

Thank you, Thank YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Your screen shot immediately pointed me in the right direction. I had version 2.0 Pro. The *.bf file for that version was named ColorMechanic.8bf, whereas yours was named ColorMechanic2-64.8bf.

Obviously, a new version had come out since I last looked. I went back to their website and found it: Version 2.1 Pro. I downloaded it, moved the file to the plugin directory, and it worked immediately with my old license key.

All is good!

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Tom

Cool. I figured it was something like that. Glad you got it working. :thumbsup: