What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Global Shadows

Nai

Hey Guys,

I am currently designing a website for a client, I have got the general layout but i've came across a problem I haven't came across before. When I apply a shadow to a layer it applies them to all the layers.. I am sure they're a simple fix to this but I am currently unaware of how to stop it.

Thanks Nai

Hi Nai

Welcome to PhotoShop Gurus.

You need to make sure that in your layer style panel, the "use global light" box, is unchecked, other ways as you mentioned, every time you apply a drop shadow to any other layer, it will affect to all the rest of the layers using the same layer style, "Drop Shadow".

global light.jpg

Hope this helps.

Nai

Wow thanks for the fast reply!

I don't know when I checked that checkbox, can finally get the shadows sorted on all the layers.

Thanks again!

egrovesystems

me too getting this problem but i don know how to solve this ,, in recent only i came to know about this forum site. this site helping me in most of the problem solving in my work. thnks for your explanation along with example. ..