What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to the darkside

Paul

Former Member
Trying FireFox again, so far so good and helps with my viewing here - how i don't know but it is...so far.

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, Paul, I use FF almost exclusively, and I don't seem to have as much trouble viewing PSG as some of the other folks report. Also, FWIW, I have been using a couple of FF plugins for advertisement blocking: "Adblock Plus", and "Flashblock". I have a suspicion, but no proof that some of the delays experienced arise because of problems with the ads served to PSG, which are probably beyond our control.

Cheers,

Tom M

Paul

Former Member
Yeah i use Adblock with Chrome it does a good job, but like i said so far so good very fast and very smooth to.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have always used FF.

@Tom Mann "...I have a suspicion, but no proof that some of the delays experienced arise because of problems with the ads served to PSG, which are probably beyond our control."
I have said this for a very long time. I once even pointed out the offending script. However, I do understand that advertising is necessary and in most cases, as you stated, out of our control.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I use Firefox with Adblock Plus and rarely have problems with it.

But if I do, it's usually here at PSG and you guys may be right that some of the Ads cause it. Regardless whether its caused by those scripts, the ads are paid for. It is beyond our control....

Paul

Former Member
Trying Chrome this morning, very slow and this is my third attempt at writing this?

Paul

Former Member
Now on FireFox and it's so smooth, no sticking and no glitches?

MrToM

Guru
That's good news Paul!

I've switched to WaterFox now, its the 64bit version of Firefox.....well, thats not strictly true, its just a 'wrapper' for your already installed Firefox but it runs it in 64bit.

So far no errors with PSG.

If you have a 64bit system it may be worth a look.....especially if Firefox is already installed, there is no further setup required at all, its just your 'old' firefox with a different name....and running in a different space.

Regards.
MrTom.

Paul

Former Member
So dark now i have become Lord Vader:pimp: