What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings, from Michigan!

DJtomcat

Hello all! I'm fairly new to Photoshop CS6, downloaded the 30 day trial and have 16 days left, but I've learned a lot so far! Planning on buying the software once my trail ends. I hope to meet a lot of you and share in your wisdom! :thumbsup:

What version did you have before? And how do you think CS6 compares to it?

I had cs2 before, then cs5. A few handy changes from cs5 to cs6 - obviously the new content aware features are some of the bigger changes but some of the smaller changes dealing with layers are really cool too.

How are you finding cs6?

How are you finding cs6?
I really like CS6, but I don't have any previous experience to reference it to. I have heard that dealing with layers had been a little more difficult before CS6.

Any good tutorials you would recommend for a noobie? :cool2:

I really like CS6, but I don't have any previous experience to reference it to. I have heard that dealing with layers had been a little more difficult before CS6.

Any good tutorials you would recommend for a noobie? :cool2:

There are some decent ones on here but I suggest just look into what you enjoy doing (many good tuts on YouTube also), then the techniques you pick up with always help somewhere else :)

Last edited:
I have to disagree slightly. All of the recent versions of Photoshop are built on the same basic structure. Pursue what you will but don't neglect the basics, such as learning what all the tools do and how to use each one. Just for a start. So, on one hand, play with a fun project that's probably over your head, follow tutorial steps as they unfold, then on the other hand slog through some 'boring' lessons on selection tools, layers, using color in PS, and so on. If you keep up this process, eventually, not only will the tutorials make more sense, but your own projects will too.

Layers was introduced in version 3.
CS6 is version 13.

I've been using PS since around ver 6 and I haven't seen much of a change in layers.
Version 4 introduce Adjustment Layers, a major improvement.

For what it's worth CS6 is considered a major upgrade with substantial improvements over previous versions.

Really really amusing new features. I have already buy it. And now I am trying with all the new features.

CS6 has a great tools personally I really like this software. You should buy online key and enjoy this software this is not for try this software made for huge amount of usage.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm definitely interested in learning everything that I can do with this program

Back