What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! How to improve Photoshop/LR efficiency

AtlanticBoudoir

Hi all,

I’m a new photographer but I’ve worked in Photoshop and Lightroom for a while. I just bought a new iMac (3GHz quad-core i5, 6MB shared L3 cache, 8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, 2GB VRAM) and my photo editing workflow in these two apps has pretty much come to a halt.

I start in Lightroom (import by copying as DNG), edit in PS, then export the TIFF files. My LR cache is set to 20 GB on my hard drive and my PS is set to use 75% of my RAM (was at 70%) and my cache levels and tile sizes are optimized for photos. My scratch disk is my hard drive because that’s all I have at the moment.

I am pulling my hair out because I can’t get anything done and my computer is brand new! Please let me know if I left out any essential details or what I should be doing differently. (I’ve only been using this computer since December.)

TIA!

Alisha

Back