What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with crack

Vafann

Guru
Lol, I just realized that the title sounds funny..

Anyway, I need to make something that looks like a realistic crack or cracking hole in a tile floor, I want to have something growing out of it, probably a flower. What is the best way to do this? If it´s with a brush, does anyone have a link to a good crack brush, or if it´s better to use some kind of texture? or something else? :) / Vafann

I have another link but it's for adults only:jawdrop:

just a quick tip I have struggled at times to find a good crack brush however have found some really good lightning brushes that work very effective

On a serious note: i use actual crack images and do the job on them rather than use brushes, personal choice i no but hey.

Well, as for myself, I shall partake of nothing illegal. Crack on this forum!

If you don't find the brushes suitable, try looking for images. You can transform them. Do you remember Cindy's "Broken" image, woman with cracked back?

This is the img she provided:

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
just a quick tip I have struggled at times to find a good crack brush however have found some really good lightning brushes that work very effective
Oh, thanks for the tip Hoogle! I would never have thought of that! :)

Well, as for myself, I shall partake of nothing illegal. Crack on this forum!

If you don't find the brushes suitable, try looking for images. You can transform them. Do you remember Cindy's "Broken" image, woman with cracked back?

This is the img she provided:

Lol, thank you clare, I will try that too next time! I didn´t do too well with the brushes I think, I probably need more practice with them. :)

well if you've ever extracted caffeine from tea bags it's the same thing. just start out with cocoa leaves instead of tea bags... oh, oops, sorry, i guess i spent too much time in organic chem lab in college. those were the days...

if you don't want to extract the cracks with a mask or other extraction tool try to see if you can use levels or curves to turn it into a black & white image. some will work better than others, but if you can get a good black and white image you can use the multiply blending mode.

"well if you've ever extracted caffeine from tea bags it's the same thing. just start out with cocoa leaves instead of tea bags... oh, oops, sorry, i guess i spent too much time in organic chem lab in college. those were the days..."

LOL Siodre! And thanks for the photoshop tip as well lol. :)

Back