What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with pictures

mikeyr01

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions if anyone can help.

Firstly how do a change a picture to 1 block colour? The picture I am trying to do is a sort of 2 different coloured picture and when i try change it, only parts of it change. I want to select the whole thing and make it 1 colour.

Secondly, is it possible to take a picture and change it to just an outline of it?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Paul

Former Member
IN CS2 - One block colour would be cover over lay BUT then the whole image as one colour, if you want to segregate you will need to do layers or make shape with pen tool and make new layer and colourise that way.

Outline is done with using the stylize then find edges tools, i also did a filter change around by using the image/adjustments/threshold features.

Or just download a line drawing maker (can't think of it's name now) someone will help me out COME ON GUYS name it...please:redface:

mikeyr01

thanks for your reply but as i only started using photoshop yesterday, i have no idea what you just said!
any step by step guides would be great!

thanks!

Hoogle

Guru
are you after a duo tone pop art picture kind of like this
paulie-walnuts-canvas-art-sopranos-pop-art.3.png
or more black outlines with 1 primary colour if you can upload a picture it will be a lot more helpful then we can be more specific to your needs

mikeyr01

thumbnail.jpg

this is the picture I would like to be 1 block colour or just an outline. as you can see its made up of different tones and when i try to change colour, only parts of it change.

thanks

Hoogle

Guru
is either of this what you want
1tone.jpgedge.jpg

the first pink 1 was created by going to Image >Adjustments>desaturate
create a new layer and using paint bucket tool fill with the desired colour so you have 1 large coloured square
in the layer panel bottom right hand side you will see a drop down menu box the option will say normal you need to change that to colour
if it is not quite the right colour you need then make sure the colour layer is selected then go to image> adjustment> hue saturation which will allow you to use slider bars to change the colour.

The 2nd option is just a case of going to Filter>stylize>find edges
hope this helps and yes they will need cleaning up

Hoogle

Guru
actually I used a green colour of this code #3cb878 but instead of putting the layer blending mode to colour i selected divide which gave it the pink colour

Hoogle

Guru
find edges really is not very adjustable but many plugins give you the option of slider bars even changing colour all though that can be done with adjustment layers. there are plugins that will even add effects,styles thickness etc etc all by slider bars for example this pic is using Nik Software simplify plugin that has a load of different features but can easily find edges using cartoonise feature as you can see a hell of a better outline

Attachments

• simplify.jpg
    simplify.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 8