What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with remaking this

sansancheng

Hi friends!
I really like this style and want to make something to this effect with the juxtaposition of the font and the background, Does anyone have any suggestions on how to recreate this, or rather, how to get that nice purple backdrop but in different colors and shadows? Thanks!

Attachments

• the-electric-baby-web-663x1024.jpg
    the-electric-baby-web-663x1024.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 6
The image you are showing is a vector graphic. The background is a simple gradient. I think it might be using an additional layer or overlay, coupled with a blending mode, at the bottom. Such background are quite easy to make. Try experimenting with the Filter/Render/Clouds, or Difference Cloud. try various blurring and blending effects. In photoshop, there are many ways to achieve a single effect.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

As we all know there are many ways to accomplish effects in Ps. This simple background was more than likely created with the Brush Tool.

Colors aren't exact, but this is a Brush Tool.
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 9.46.56 PM.png

Described below is my approach to achieve the attached image.
1295-After-the-electric-baby-web-663x1024.jpg

I took a new layer, selected Purple colour (a98cdf), did a fill using Shift+Double Backspace.
Create new layer on top, select Filter>Render>Clouds, change blending mode to Screen to lighten.
Apply Gaussian blur. I selected a large value 58 to blur out the light and dark spots seamlessly.
Add another layer on top, select black brush hardness under 10, and paint in at places where you want the whites to thin out and darker purple to appear.
Change blending mode to overlay to bring out contrast in these painted areas.
If you think the image is still whitish and needs more purple, take the same soft black brush as above, reduce opacity to about 50-60% and paint in at places where you want the purple to appear more until you are satisfied with the result.

Experiment and you will get the effect you like.

Back