What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there, novice to Photoshop 7, need help with basics ( resizing an image)

phoenix6

Hi guys,
I have joined this forum wishing to get help with resizing images. I am trying to follow a lesson plan...but it doesn't look the way they say it will.
I am trying to make digital collages for jewellery making.
I have bought templates but am having trouble resizing images and need help!
I open the template, drag the image to the back of the template. Using the relevant layer and the move tool. I am told that if I settle the cursor on the corner of the image, it will change and if I hold the shift key, I can resize the image. All it wants do do is move though, the cursor image does not change.
I get some sort of message about the background being locked.....
Confused!!
Hoping to learn some more from you guys!
If anyone can help, please message me.....
Thanks!

select the image layer and go to edit> free transform then hold the shift key and drag a corner

I have noticed that when I open a new picture and I click on it, the template seems to disappear and the layers palette only shows that image, not all of the other layers. I try to Ctrl + Z Undo but it doesn't come back. Any ideas on how I get it back?

I have noticed that when I open a new picture and I click on it, the template seems to disappear and the layers palette only shows that image, not all of the other layers. I try to Ctrl + Z Undo but it doesn't come back. Any ideas on how I get it back?

Back