What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoping to receive help!! Myself a newbie :)

JASEEMXX91

SDC16395.jpg

I just want the background in the attached image to be changed....that is.... everything except the rug should be removed from the pic and a nice background should be added...(Even if rug removed...not a problem...)

I tried doing myself but i wasnt comfortable...i am sure the for the Gurus out here it will be a walk in the park!!
So some one pls kindly help me....
Also doing anything to make my prizes look Better is more than welcomed.....
Pls use your talented skills a bit for me...
Make this picture look wonderful and aweinspiring.. :)

Thanks for Reading

Hoping to see something great

Have a nice day :)

Paul

Former Member
I do flying lessons for free also, i have my own plane with free fuel for ever so you will be ok no worries. As for your request 'Good luck'...

SeniorS

Guru
I am school student with no job at all.... how am i supposed to pay??
Hope you understand!!
Yep, personaly i do.

So best way i think is use pen tool to select background. It'll just little slower but gives predictable and guaranteed result.
Here is one article - Photoshop Paths Explained but you can find more in net.

“Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you’ve fed him for a lifetime.”

JASEEMXX91

Thank you....!!
But as i mentioned...I did try doing myself and i am unable to do anything after selecting the required path...
I dont know....something must be wrong somewhere....
Its really confusing for a Newbie like me

Regards

SeniorS

Guru
If you maded path then you can turn that path to selection by CTRL+click on path in Path panel.
If you made path around rug then you'll need to go Select/Inverse/
Then give some feather by Select/Modify/Feather about 0,2-0,4.
Now you can made Layer/New Fill Layer/Solid Color and choose background color you want. Plain black would look good. Or use that selection for placing some image in background.

Hoogle

Guru
ok here you go the easy way for you
step 1 press q on your keyboard
step 2 select a paint brush paint in everything you want to keep so that all goes red be careful stay within the lines
step 3 once everything you want to keep is red press Q again
step 4 go to select > inverse
step 5 press control + c
step 6 press control + v
step 7 import a new picture you want the new background to be and place it directly below your copied layer.

Paul

Former Member
Not being funny or anything but that is one ask to far for me.
As for feeding fish to men - buy a net.

Paul

Former Member
As explained by H and senior, you will end up with one like this ONLY better if you take your time, i did the H route FOR SPEED.:)

JASEEMXX91

Thankss.....but it looks really Funny ;) No offense...
But whenever i try to do some thing it says "Layer Locked'
BTW i am using Photoshop 7....if it makes any difference :/

Hoogle

Guru
school kid wanting a nice pic for facebook to show of there trophies I get it. I tell you what give me 5 mins I will do 1 quick attempt for you but it will only be 1 quick attempt and I wont be able to alter it as I am of out for the day so what you see will be what you get from me ok is that a deal

JASEEMXX91

Oh.....awesome.....But is there any way i can alter it tooo....may be you could provide me its Editable file....PSD i guess it is.... :)

And You guessed my intentions.....Also i want to frame it in my Room...thats more of an importance than facebook ;)

Also thanks very much for spending time for me :D

I really appreciate it