What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can i set the brush to this setting ?

Junqi Ng

Hi all, recently i found a tutorial on how to set the brush to make it brush out like a hair. but i follow the steps it doesn't seems to change to that setting i follow on the tutorial.

any kind soul can help me with this.

Tutorial Setting:

brush setting.png

Mine Setting:

brush setting 2.png

anything i did wrong ?

kindly advise.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Junqi Ng.

Both the screenshot from the tutorial and your screenshot only show the 'Brush Tip Shape menu' in the brush panel. We need to see the 'Shape Dynamics menu' in the brush panel.

Based on the lack of hardness control, I can tell that this is a custom brush. My guess is that in the 'Shape Dynamics menu', you need to set the the size jitter control to 'Pen Pressure', or click on the 'pen pressure' icon in the tools option bar. Of course this option will only work with a graphics tablet.

If you don't have a tablet, use the 'Fade' option in the size jitter control.

Junqi Ng

Hello Junqi Ng.

Both the screenshot from the tutorial and your screenshot only show the 'Brush Tip Shape menu' in the brush panel. We need to see the 'Shape Dynamics menu' in the brush panel.

Based on the lack of hardness control, I can tell that this is a custom brush. My guess is that in the 'Shape Dynamics menu', you need to set the the size jitter control to 'Pen Pressure', or click on the 'pen pressure' icon in the tools option bar. Of course this option will only work with a graphics tablet.

If you don't have a tablet, use the 'Fade' option in the size jitter control.

Thanks for the assist i think i got it =)

16667302_10158302727235473_1469847416_o.png