What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I wrap a line round a circle?

XmisterIS

I want to draw a straight line, say 8px wide, with an arrow head at one end. then I want to wrap it round a circle so it points to itself.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

SeniorS

Guru
Isn't more easy to use that circle as that line and add only arrow head (just arrow no big tail) where you want it?

Stric9

Power User
Is this what you are wanting to do?
arrow copy.jpg
If so I drew a circle with the path tool. Stoked the path with an eight pixel brush. Duplicate that layer. Transform the new layer and shrink it to make the filled circle. Paint the circle in with a brush to fill it. Center is done. Erase a section of the outer circle. Create a new layer. Draw an arrow on the new layer with the base the same width as the outer line. Then transform and move it to the location that you want it to go and erase the tail. Merge all layers onto a new layer (just incase something isn't quiet right you can fix it) with cntrl+alt+shift+E. Your done. I made a color overlay in the fx drop down menu to change the color.

Last edited:

XmisterIS

That's it! Many thanks. The gap between the arrow head and the tail is just what I wanted too. I will play around with your method to get the look I want.

Stric9

Power User
Glad I could help. If you want the arrow in a different location just use the transform tool to rotate it around. Or flip the layer to go the opposite direction.

XmisterIS

Wow! that website is Brilliant! To date, I've just been working with the handful of shapes that are provided by Photoshop as default.