What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How could I do this (change shoe colour in image)?

lawtzy

DSC_0007.JPGHi guys

I recently turned down a job (foolish I know) because I didnt have a clue how to go about doing it.

I was asked by a shoe company if I was able to photoshop a load of images of white wedding shoes and change each one into the 35 colours they offer.

Attached is the sample they sent me which I've cobbled together showing one of the colours they do (green) and one of the white shoes that would need changing.

Now while Im not a photoshop pro, I have the basic grasp of selecting objects using the quick selection tool etc.

The two burning questions for me would be:

1) once I've selected the area of the shoe that needs changing, how to change the colour. I know I could "paint" the shoe with a colour and set it to say 50% transparent so you can see see the shadow etc but how do you change it and keep all of the shading etc?

2) The reflection - this seems a near impossible task. Any ideas on how to select just the bits needed?!

Thanks guys. Like I said I turned down the job but I am really curious to know if this is possible and how.

Thanks!
Si

1. make selection then use adjustments to change the color.
2. i would think the 1st would work for this part two maybe with a mask to tone it down.

wow Spruce, amazing results.

Couple of questions. 1. how do you do a "selection" with the pen tool? When I use the pen tool it just seems to draw a line rather than being an actual selection.

I know how to copy the new selection to a new layer and set the blending mode to colour and I also understand the part about "colouring it it" with the brush.

2. The guy wanted each image in about 30 odd colours. There was like 500 images and he wanted them in 30 colours for each. Is there an auto process I could have used? Or is that into the realm of scripts??

Thank you so much, amazing results on yourimage.

Hope this helps with the pen tool.
[video=youtube_share;_bJSWni7Huw]http://youtu.be/_bJSWni7Huw[/video]

I'm not very good at scripts at all, but it all depends on what time frame you were given. It took me ten mins to do what I did, and if you created a droplet for the other 30 shades, it would have been done in a week! :~)

Hawk: Yes brilliant. How did you achieve that green? I achieved a darker green by playing around with the original image and adjusting it once I had my new layer but I suspect that isnt the correct way.

Spruce: Thanks I will watch this tutorial today and practice with the tool!

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Great again - but, if I have many (hundreds) of white shoe images and they all need to be in the same 35 colours, is there a process I could use to save me heaps of time?

Thanks!

not really, you could create an action for some of the steps, but each shoe would need to be selected individually, and treated a little differently

Back