What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I can create diagonal lines effect over photo?

ElenaLauder

Hello, everybody,
I would have liked to know how to edit the photo to get this effect?
Does anyone have a hint for me how to do this?
If someone knows an action script that does this and you have to pay for it, I don't have a problem, I pay for it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

That's the edited image:
banner-image1.jpg

This is the original picture:
632ec56f53cfc8ec93c3e7ea565ab51d.jpg

Just a pattern overlay isn't. I think.
Just clapping diagonal lines over it is not enough, I think.
The lines look irregular.
Looks like a colored engraving effect combined with a color image?
The lines mix too much with the original image. I find.
Example:
04-08-2019-02-40-55.png
04-08-2019-02-38-07.png

Thanks again in advance for any tip.
Best regards,
Elena

ElenaLauder

Hi Eggy,
Thank you very much for your respond.
I saw the YouTube videos. The problem is when I do the tutorials, the image is always converted to black and white.
But I want the final image to be colored. All halftone and engraved tutorials make the image black and white.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey, you don't need to turn it into a B&W image.
You can keep the colors and apply the diagonal lines and using a blend mode on the lines layer.
This is of course a bit a 'trial and fail' method since you need to choose the best fitting color of the diagonal lines and choose the best fitting (not everybody has the same taste) blend mode (or not).
Keeping the colors will make it a bit harder to achieve what you want hence the above...

But keep in mind that half tone is a 'reproduction' of an ancient print method causing dots or lines and it was in B&W since printing colors was not 'invented' then.

Last edited:

ElenaLauder

Thank you Eggy very much for your effort and help.
I will try at self and will experiment with the tutorial.