What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add depth and brilliant to icon?

Aviorrok

Hi,
How can I make icons with more depth and brilliant? I tried to add inner shadow, inner glow and satin but is not the same like this icons
Thanks!

aplo.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's see your icons. It's hard to advise you when we have nothing to compare with.

Rich54

Guru
Agree that it would help to see what you've done and then compare it to your examples.
In your list of what you've done, you do not mention Bevel & Emboss or Drop Shadow. Those two layer styles will help give you the appearance of depth.
I was just playing around and managed to create this. I'm attaching my Photoshop file so that you can see the settings.

1614638771445.png

Attachments

• button.psd
    423.8 KB · Views: 3

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, my personal opinion is that you need to adjust your Bevel and Emboss to better suit that of the original. Your highlights are too bright.

I also noted that they did NOT use a gradient overlay in the layer style. They used a gradient layer that covers both the icon base and the social media icon. Note how the SM icons are color tinted.

Base. (Note: This is much higher definition than your examples)
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.29.01 PM.png

Base with SM icon. (Note: The drop shadow is not black. It's black set to "color burn")
There may be a Bevel and Emboss on the original...........hard to tell with such poor examples.
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.42.07 PM.png

Gradient layer added set to "multiply".
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.43.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.41.17 PM.png