What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Badr

hi, i would like to know how i could make the waves and the egyptian hyeroglyphics move (the waves will move in the right side and the hyeroglyphics at the left side) and i would like it to be an infinite loop
If you could link me a video tutorial (it can be an after effects or sony vegas tutorial too if you want to, as long as it can be done with photoshop/sony vegas/after effects as i need to export the animation to sony vegas to make an outro out of it).

Attachments

• lolol.jpg
    lolol.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 7

fredfish

Guru
It is certainly possible directly in Photoshop using "Tweening". Can I ask what version of Photoshop you are using?

Cheers

John

Badr

It is certainly possible directly in Photoshop using "Tweening". Can I ask what version of Photoshop you are using?

Cheers

John
Thanks for your reply, i actually have photoshop cc 2017, i cant find the tweening option tho

fredfish

Guru
Have a quick look here - Tweening I am not saying it is the best tutorial but the info is there.

I am about to retire - but if it doesn't make any sense to you I will sort out a tutorial for you tomorrow.

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Most types of moving animation can be done in Photoshop.

Here is an example of a very complex animated GIF I did back in 2013.

BinaryGIF_TLA_03.gif

If I understood how you wanted to animate your example above, I might be able to explain how to do it. I don't understand what you mean by,
the waves will move in the right side and the hyeroglyphics at the left side
How do you want it to move? Left, right, up, or down?
SpearusWaveGIF_02.gif

Badr

Thank you so much,
About the tutorial dont worry, i think i undersrood the process

Badr

View attachment 81627

If I understood how you wanted to animate your example above, I might be able to explain how to do it. I don't understand what you mean by,

View attachment 81628
Thanks so much
Yeah that's exactly what i wanted,i would like the egyptian hyeroglyphics with "Spearus" to move at the left in an infinite loop if possible,can you also link me a tutorial that teaches exactly how to do this type on animations?And can i export it to sony vegas?im planning to make an outro with it

Badr

Thanks so much
Yeah that's exactly what i wanted,i would like the egyptian hyeroglyphics with "Spearus" to move at the left in an infinite
Sorry, i meant to say that i would like the hyeroglyphics to pop out from Spearus from both sides in an infinite loop, not to make the hyeroglyphics go to the left.
I just realized that its cooler that way
Thanks in advance for your help

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, i meant to say that i would like the hyeroglyphics to pop out from Spearus from both sides in an infinite loop,
Again I truly apologize, but I don't know what you mean. I really want to try and explain how to make this type of GIF, but if I don't understand what you want, it becomes a little difficult.

Does anyone else think they understand what the OP (Badr) wants?

I use the Video Timeline to create complex GIFs and not the Frame Animation. Here is a good video explaining the process.
Watch this one first.

Watch this one scond.

fredfish

Guru
I think the OP want the parts I have marked in red scrolled left and right respectively so it looks like they are emerging from the word in the middle.

Untitled-5.jpg

Cheers

John

Badr

View attachment 81627

View attachment 81628
Also, if you
I think the OP want the parts I have marked in red scrolled left and right respectively so it looks like they are emerging from the word in the middle.

View attachment 81642

Cheers

John
Thats exactly what i meant.I apologize but my english is not perfect.
Thanks for the help Sam, really appreciate that.
Really awesome forum, definitely gonna put the link in my description

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thats exactly what i meant.I apologize but my english is not perfect.
No problem, I understand now.

The first thing I did was separate everything in the middle to it's own layer and duplicate them.
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.35.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.37.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.40.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.40.46 PM.png

I created two groups containing the right and left sides.
Note that I also added layer masks to the groups to hide the other sides hieroglyphic from overlapping.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.53.34 PM.png

Then I just used the Video Timeline to animate the movement of the Hieroglyphics as explained in the Tutorial videos I linked you with.

SpearusGIF_04.gif

It's hard for me to tell if your understanding the process, let me know if you need any more explanation.

Badr

No problem, I understand now.

The first thing I did was separate everything in the middle to it's own layer and duplicate them.
View attachment 81663

View attachment 81664

View attachment 81665

View attachment 81666

I created two groups containing the right and left sides.
Note that I also added layer masks to the groups to hide the other sides hieroglyphic from overlapping.

View attachment 81667

Then I just used the Video Timeline to animate the movement of the Hieroglyphics as explained in the Tutorial videos I linked you with.

View attachment 81662

It's hard for me to tell if your understanding the process, let me know if you need any more explanation.
Yo, thank you so much that was really helpful,didnt expect the procedure to be that easy though as i never touched the timeline in photoshop.

Thanks to fred too for his time giving me tutorials and explanations.

Hope you guys have a great day