What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change background from black to white?

XmisterIS

I want to buy this picture from iStockphoto: Blue and green mask | Stock Photo | iStockphoto.com

I want to change the background from black to white. I have tried using the pencil tool to zoom in and carefully go round the edge, then select everything outside the drawn edge and delete it, but it leaves a very jaggedy, horrible looking line.

Is there a way to do it that will leave the edge of the mask looking smooth?

there are many ways create a new layer and fill in white place it under the image layer then with the image layer selected use magic eraser with a low tolerence
or duplicate the image layer on top copy press cntrl + I or cmd + I for mac will and use a layer mask to paint back in from original image
or my personal favourite way for this image open the image in photoshop press control +I then image> adjustments> desaturate and then have some fun colouring in create a new layer for each colour so layer 1 for example just use a large brush paint in a goldenish colour does not matter if you go over the edges colour the whole canvas in if you like then set the layer blending mode to colour. repeat steps for the green and blue or whatever colour you want but you do have to be more accurate for that
istockphoto_.jpg

Many thanks guys!

Stufflol - If I stick the image in a PSD 4 file, I can email it to you. Please could you PM me with your email address?

Thanks!

I am going to play around myself too and see if I can do it.

Hey! I have got the hang of it with incredibly careful use of the lasso tool + feather.

Last edited:

Back