What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change the Text?

baba

I wanted to change the "Black & Gold" to a different text. The layer says to double click it to change, but even after double clicking it still does not allow to change the text, how is it supposed to be done, if anybody can help out please.

Attachments

• 786.psd
    15.9 MB · Views: 7
The Text you have cannot be edited. It is not a true Text Layer. It was outlined in Illustrator and placed as a Smart Object.

When double clicking on the smart object a .psb file opens.
That psb file contains a non editable vector file (the text can not be changed).
I you want to edit the text you'll need to rasterize the smart object, erase the text after matching the font and type in the desired text.
Then you can close and save the psb file and the result of the changes will show.

Black and Gold.jpg

Last edited:
I also think that the original file was not created for changing the text, it was for adding a logo. The "Black and Gold" was supposed to be a logo and not editable text.

When you double click the SO, your supposed to turn off the existing "logo" and add your own.

I used Eggy's technique to change the text, and created a group. Open the SO, in the group just turn off the old text layer and add a new text layer. Position within the box................or you can turn off the box as well.
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 8.53.02 AM.png

You can also just turn off the group and add your logo.
Close and save the SO (PSB file).
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 8.52.39 AM.png

Attachments

• 786.psd
    16.9 MB · Views: 1
When double clicking on the smart object a .psb file opens.
That psb file contains a non editable vector file (the text can not be changed).
I you want to edit the text you'll need to rasterize the smart object, erase the text after matching the font and type in the desired text.
Then you can close and save the psb file and the result of the changes will show.

View attachment 92051
Thank you so much Eggy.

I also think that the original file was not created for changing the text, it was for adding a logo. The "Black and Gold" was supposed to be a logo and not editable text.

When you double click the SO, your supposed to turn off the existing "logo" and add your own.

I used Eggy's technique to change the text, and created a group. Open the SO, in the group just turn off the old text layer and add a new text layer. Position within the box................or you can turn off the box as well.
View attachment 92055

You can also just turn off the group and add your logo.
Close and save the SO (PSB file).
View attachment 92056
Sam sir, Thank you very much for your precious time and valuable knowledge.

Back