What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create similar picture

Oprawindfury

As the title states, I wonder if it's possible to create a similar picture in photoshop or it's made up of different layers of photographs. (Picture attached)

Regards

bakgrund.png

It is probably a succession of applied filters in different blend modes...
One filter is for sure 'filter/artistic/plastic wrap'

plastic-wrap.gif

I have seen this photo before. I believe I was told (or read) that it was commercial printing dye in a can in which the surface had dried and hardened. The dried shell was broken up with a screwdriver revealing the liquid dye between the cracks.

This is a photo from a book.
34_perperprintfabriken032.jpg

In order to reproduce a similar effect in Photoshop, you will need to look at some Ps liquid metal effects that would need to be applied to the liquid portion flowing in the cracks of the composite (using a layers style). The broken shell would be another layer with it's own effects. This would be somewhat of a challenge.

Back