What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create specific gif

hidalgo james

Hi,

I'm trying to re-create the gif attached from scratch. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do that? I'm semi skilled in photoshop CC. At the very least I know my way around the basics.

I hope for your help!

unnamed-233.gif

Sure, I see the frames, but what would be the best way to recreate it in higher resolution? Not really sure how to go about it.

I see the frames, but what would be the best way to recreate it in higher resolution? Not really sure how to go about it.
Start from scratch, use a larger canvas, and use the Ellipse Tool (shape tools) to create the circles.

I'm not at all sure why your asking these questions..................if you are semi skilled in Ps and have watched the tutorials I linked you with, this should be a no brainer. Or maybe I'm just not understanding what your asking. If so, I truly apologize.

You create your shapes in one layer, duplicate that layer, move the shapes in the duplicated layer, and then repeat until your done. Then create frames from layers.

I dont know how to create the individual frames. The gif consists of 79 images. Do I have to draw each from scratch? And how do I make sure to create each frame identical to the ones in the gif attached? The changes from each frame to the next, is almost nothing.

I'd really appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Do I have to draw each from scratch?
Yes and no. Once you have the basic shapes in place, you can just make a copy of the layer and then move the shapes in the new layer. Then repeat over and over until your done. (I explained this in post #4)

And how do I make sure to create each frame identical to the ones in the gif attached?
Well.......you really don't, you will never get them identical.

Your going to be working on a much larger canvas and using better tools in order to improve the quality. You can work with the two documents/images side by side for comaprison. You will have to create and align each layer/frame individually. I don't envy you..............this is going to take you a very long time and a lot of hard work. Good luck.

(Very fast example......not that accurate)
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 4.54.15 PM.png

Note that I am working on separate layers with the shape tools.............when I'm done I would copy all these layers and then merge the copies. Then I would group the merged copies as the base layers from which I would create the frames. Of course I would use the unmerged layers to create the next frame by moving accordingly. Then repeat the process.

Back