What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get SVG file to not be pixelated when opened in PS

shanti771

I hope someone knows how to do this because I can't figure it out.
I am making a mockup. I need to open and resize a file to place onto a photo. I have the file as an .svg and .png. Every time I open the .svg in PS it is pixelated to the point where I can't use it. (PS asks for the size I resize it down or up and it opens pixelated.). I thought .svg files could be resized without pixelation?

Here's my files:
The truck -backround image
Flowers - need to be re-sized/ color changed (I guess I can't upload the .svg file)

Also If someone has an easier way to do this kind of thing I would ❤️ to hear it!!

Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 4.17.02 PM.png

DaisyDecal.png

I don't know the answer to your SVG issue. But here's an easier way to do what you want.
  • Using the magic wand, make a selection of your daisy shape. (Make sure the box for "contiguous" is unchecked.)
  • Once you have the selection, go into the Paths palette and click the icon where the red arrow is pointing (see below). That icon creates a vector shape from a selection.
  • Save the vector shape. Then you can resize it up or down all you want (Edit>Free Transform Path) and it will never pixellate.
1694651704460.png

Hi @shanti771

The approach I take is to use the File > Place Embedded command for the vector file (e.g. .svg, .ai, etc) so it is loaded as a Smart Object
The image below is a 100% view of my screen along with the Layer Stack (attribution for the .ai image given as a text Layer.

As the Layer is a Smart Object, I can enlarge or reduce in size the vector file and it will recompute from the original vectors (as I understand) to give you the best posible resolution given the number of pixels used in the creation of your image (mine was 3000 pixels wide)
I do not experience the pixelation problem that shown in your image so suggest you give this approach a try
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 9.03.16 PM.jpg

Back