What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make or get a random black and white dot texture

pfepixel

Hi. I need to get a texture of random black and white dots like the one:

seamless-background-with-random-round-black-dots-Download-Royalty-free-Vector-File-EPS-394741.jpg

Unfortunately there is no free texture. Anyone know any technique to make it fast, or a site that offers it for free.
Thanks in advance.

colleague

Guru
you have to start with a new image ( eg 600 x 600 px)
and make forground color = white and background color =black

then you go to "filter - rendering clouds"

then you go to "filter - pixelate - color halfetone" and use numbers 25 - 90 - 90 - 90 - 90

if you make the image with the clouds very light, the dots will be further from each other

halftone.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi pfepixel
I like both colleague's and Preston's approaches. Here is yet another

I just created some even spaced Paths over the blank image area (one path to two, then two paths to four, four paths to eight. etc etc) see first image. Then I just did a stoke fill on the paths after setting the Brush characteristics to random size variation in the Brush Settings panel for the second image. For the third image, I just added a brush scattering characteristic. Lots of possibilities to consider. Hope this gives you another "Path" to consider :)
John Wheeler

Screen shot of Paths created over image

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 10.57.25 AM.png

Select all Paths and stroke only with size variation for brush

Size-jitter.jpg

Image using size and scattering brush characteristics

With-scattering.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
Anyone know any technique to make it fast...
As for this part of the request, you can use this JSX file. It will be active for a week from today.
Once you download to your computer, open Photoshop, go to File>Scripts>Browse...> (Select the downloaded file) >Load

PS will be slow to process this script as it has to draw 400 different random circles. Be patient and let it finish.

Each time you run this script, it will generate a different looking image owing to random selection of circles. Here is what I obtained on running it a second time:
1611-Circles2.jpg

Acknowledgements to MLK and richard93x.

pfepixel

Wow, this is my first post, I didn't think I would have so many answers.
Thank you so much.