What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove haze around the image?

Zoe, two things. One, thanks for the props, but I'm not the best! This forum is full of extremely talented shoppers and I can assure you that you are among the best, most of which I leaned from.

Second, as I explained to you and Mike reiterated, you should only be using one mask.

I used the standard alpha channel selection by creating the most contrast between the subject and the background. On the alpha channel (which was a copy of the red channel) I then used the Brush Tool set to white, to fill in the white of the subject. You can also use the Dodge and Burn Tool to clean up the edges. I also used the Pen Tool when I want a crisp edge.

This is the completed Alpha Channel, notice it is all black and white......no gray:
Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 6.01.06 PM.png

I then Command/Control + clicked the alpha channels thumbnail to make a selection.
I returned back to my layers panel and clicked on the "add layer mask" icon.

This is the image after adding the layer mask:
Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 6.01.24 PM.png

One white background layer, one main image, one layer mask.
One Curves adjustment layer to tone down the green reflection on the subject.
Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 6.12.21 PM.png

Back