What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove strokes from jpg image

vishaldeb

I have a jpg image on which my friend marked strokes using MS Paint software. I want to remove those strokes from that image using PS CS6.
Image attached.... for reference

How can I get my original image back??? Need advice and suggestions.
Thank you all in advance.

project1.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I want to remove those strokes from that image using PS CS6.
OK, if that's all you want to do. Use Color Range to select the black. You may have to expand the selection by 1 pixel to get it all.

project1.5.jpg

How can I get my original image back???
You can never get the original back. All you can do is remove the black strokes. The strokes covered all of the original pixel information from the text and it is gone.

project1.3.jpg

You will have to replace the missing text yourself.

vishaldeb

Hello and welcome to PSG.

OK, if that's all you want to do. Use Color Range to select the black. You may have to expand the selection by 1 pixel to get it all.

View attachment 93730

You can never get the original back. All you can do is remove the black strokes. The strokes covered all of the original pixel information from the text and it is gone.

View attachment 93731

You will have to replace the missing text yourself.
Thank you for help