What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to save a bunch of transparent snakes?

Vafann

Guru
How do you save a bunch of transparent snakes?
I´m going to try to explain what I want to do and then maybe someone can help tell me how to do it?

Ok, let’s say for example that I want to make something like a Medusa head, a head with a bunch of snakes coming out of it all over the place instead of hair.

If I cut out a picture of a snake, is there some way that I can copy it several times and save each copy with a transparent background so that they are still editable ( I can change the size, rotation, whatever) somewhere on my computer, so that I can just ad them one by one to the head I want them on and still be able to move them around?

If I am able to save each one on a transparent background somehow, when I open them up in Photoshop and drag them to the head, will they automatically become separate layers, or will they all end up one layer so I can´t move them later?

Ugh… This must sound confusing….

If I put it this way…. Can I cut out a bunch of different things, have them saved on transparent backgrounds on my computer, so that later I can open them all up and arrange them any way I want to on a new document, like a poster for example?

I hope someone understands what I mean lol / Vafann

Do everything in Photoshop.

Open your head image , isolate the head with the pen tool, copy to new layer. Save that image as a psd.

Open your snake images. Do the same as you did to the head .... but when done with the pen tool, drag the selected snake into the head image. This will be assigned to a new layer.

If you have different snake images, do the same.

That done, manipulate them in place around the head.....

Hello! Thank you! Uh... does it have to be the pen tool? Is that because of the resizing and things? I haven´t been able to get that thing to work right yet, would I have to do something different if I used another selection tool? /Vafann

Back