What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How were these images edited?

Per this old THREAD.

As I stated above, I only use a round brush.

I'm using a Wacom Intuos tablet. This technique would be rather difficult using the mouse!

My basic brush settings for the hair brush are:
Mode: Normal
Opacity: 100%
Flow: 100%
I have the Pressure for Opacity Icon set to ON.
I have the Pressure for Size Icon set to ON.
Hardness: 85%
Spacing: 1%
Size: 5px

You have to change the brush size occasionally.
I've never tried adjusting spacing but I should do so. Thank you for your help!

Now I wish to see how you would express the skin/pore texture. I downloaded some brushes but since I lack of skills, my work always ends up like dotted brush storks rather than natural human pores.... (tears)

I've never tried adjusting spacing but I should do so.
Not sure what you mean by this? The default setting for NO spacing is 1%. So spacing is not used.

Now I wish to see how you would express the skin/pore texture.
I did nothing special other than lowering the brushes flow and using the "Pen pressure for opacity control".

Not sure what you mean by this? The default setting for NO spacing is 1%. So spacing is not used.

I did nothing special other than lowering the brushes flow and using the "Pen pressure for opacity control".
oh ok, so nothing very tricky was not in there. I'll check out "Pen pressure for opacity control" later, since I haven't touched it ever.

I want to now move on to color correction, since I think the overall color seems a bit... rusty? I can't really express it but I'd like to try something like the 3rd image posted.

I want to now move on to color correction, since I think the overall color seems a bit... rusty?
I may have mentioned this earlier, but color adjustment/correction is subjective and a personal preference. Only you know what you want the correction to look like..........this is evident when you state, "I can't really express it but I'd like to try something like the 3rd image posted". There are just too many variables to cover. You can begin by watching TUTORIALS on that subject. This ONE may be of particular interest to you.

Back