What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy!

Kelli

Howdy! I'm new here. I found the site by searching for a Page Curl effect. The one I found here was by far the most difficult for me, but the most realistic. It REALLY helped me out a lot! So much that I decided to register here and see what else I might be able to learn from y'all!

So, here's what I ultimately created with the tutorial. This is by far the best thing I've created in PS.
I used PSCS, and it took me about 5+ hours to do - kept getting the perspective of the pages off.

Any feedback would be appreciated! :)

dictionary%20book1.jpg

Welles

Guru
Hi Kelli and welcome to the forums. You sure made good use of the page curl tute. That's one of theKeeper's who owns site and is a real PS whiz.

As far as feedback goes the curls are great! My only critical thought was that the shadow between the first two curled pages and the third looks a little dark and I suspect you used a black or grey in adding the shadow. I'd suggest using the eyedropper tool and click on your page color and then choose a very dark shade of that color rather than a pure black. Shadows are almost never pure black or grey, even if you are using a Multiply blend mode, and look better if they have a touch of the pigment of the plane or layer upon which the shadow falls.

Cheers!
Welles

Raven

Power User
:perfect: Welcome aboard Kelli -- I know you will enjoy it here! :D

Kelli

Great tip! I'll fix that tomorrow when I get back to work!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Think I'm gonna go sniff around here a bit. See what I can get into. :perfect:

Howdy Raven!

Red Rooster

Welcome i am new to. You did a pretty good job :D . Try curling text with the page. :B

theKeeper

Guru
Welcome to the community Kelli, we hope you enjoy your stay. honesty]

That's a great job you've done with the effect. Nice going. :}

Kelli

Red, that's exactly what I'm working on now. It's going to ultimately look like a dictionary.

Red Rooster

You know something else you could try is making the pages look old and torn. :B