What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I designed a logo...but

Ruan Human

I think it could look MUCH better! I have no skills, and I need some guidance and advice. My company is called "Purple Orange" and below is what I've created (this is the vision... but the design, is quite crappy. Thoughts?

Picture1.jpg

iDad

Guru
the shadow of the orange does not compute remove it, or relocate it (or maybe even better) add the shadow to the rest of text. just a thought

ibclare

Queen Bee
To tie it together, here are my thoughts:
* make the "r-a-n-g-e" letters just a bit smaller.
* make the shadow on the orange an orange color and increase the size/distance so it goes under the "r-a-n-g-e" text.
* then make shadows under that text as iDad suggested and make it green like the leaf.

I gave it a try. The orange shadow didn't work." Also the colors didn't copy well. Your text has a nicer, deeper shade which is good.

Attachments

• orangeLOAGO.jpg
    orangeLOAGO.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 76
  • orangeLOGO.jpg
    orangeLOGO.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
mmmm is it just me but where are the leaves spouting from they don't appear to be coming from the top

Ruan Human

thanks for the suggestions! I think I do need a better orange though. the one from clipart was the only one i could find at the time.... i didnt want to use any image from a google search.

LRG

thanks for the suggestions! I think I do need a better orange though. the one from clipart was the only one i could find at the time.... i didnt want to use any image from a google search.
take a pic from google you like. colors arent important just the shape. import to ps, and use its shape to get a new orange. fill with any color you want. ready.

ibclare

Queen Bee
take a pic from google you like. colors arent important just the shape. import to ps, and use its shape to get a new orange. fill with any color you want. ready.

Yes, that will work if you find a fairly large image and depending on the resolution of your document. BUT, since you're working with cartoons, it shouldn't be much of an issue. If you need help doing that, just ask. Someone (like me for instance :D) can do it and you can download it and use it. But I think you would probably like to try it yourself, so go for it. Cheers, Clare

LRG

anyway, if OP wants to have a professional looks for the company, i would suggest to hire a professional designer to create the logo.

ibclare

Queen Bee
this is the vision... but the design, is quite crappy. Thoughts?

View attachment 6617

If you are really looking for a total redesign, just ask if anyone has time and ideas to do that for you (however I would suggest starting a new thread with the request in the title). Lots of people ask for that kind of work. You can always offer a fee; one that you can afford. I think LRG is right that a professional is what you need IF you want a polished design.

Ruan Human

Yes, that will work if you find a fairly large image and depending on the resolution of your document. BUT, since you're working with cartoons, it shouldn't be much of an issue. If you need help doing that, just ask. Someone (like me for instance :D) can do it and you can download it and use it. But I think you would probably like to try it yourself, so go for it. Cheers, Clare

Please don't hestitate to send me a suggestion, or a sample, or anything for that matter! I might just like it enough to make it the official company logo! :)

Ruan Human

If you are really looking for a total redesign, just ask if anyone has time and ideas to do that for you (however I would suggest starting a new thread with the request in the title). Lots of people ask for that kind of work. You can always offer a fee; one that you can afford. I think LRG is right that a professional is what you need IF you want a polished design.

Once the company is fully operational, I will come back and make such a request and offer a fee. For now, I am just toying with ideas. We havent even started marketing ourselves as we havent had the need to yet :) thank you for the guidance and advice!

jVestido

Its a good idea you have, and I couldn't do anything that good dude. It would be cool if you could add a shine to the text and to the orange, making the purple a little less purple and a little bit more glowy neon. (I don't know if anyone else knows what I mean). Anyways..

Paul

Former Member
Not much time on it really, theres lots of purple orange type of stuff out there mate?

Attachments

• orange-peel-1.jpg
    orange-peel-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 27

mooapo

I'm not an expert, but I think it looks pretty good. There is some good suggestions, hope they help....

coffee_king

Hi
I'm no graphic artist/photoshop expert, but a few things I noticed you could play with are that the two words contain the same letters (R & E)
So you could link the two words together like this.
purple-orange-2.jpg