What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a PDF file - saved from Photoshop - that leaves part of my text white.

etilley

I have a PDF file - saved from Photoshop - that leaves part of my text white.

The text looks fine in Photoshop and it saves to JPG without this problem.

I only see it in PDF saves ("No layers" and "with layers", As a Copy).

Any ideas about what to check?

large?v=v2&px=999.jpg
expand image
large?v=v2&px=999.jpg
expand image
large?v=v2&px=999.jpg
expand image

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.3 20200508 x64
Number of Launches: 51
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
Version: 8.1 6.3.9600.20172
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3535 MHz
Built-in memory: 16322 MB
Free memory: 8959 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14931 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

Installed TWAIN devices: NONE

Sorry for the late response here. Not the top technician but I did some checking and you aren't alone having this issue. I've also read of similar issues going back to 2013! :oops:
One old solution I found was to flatten the image before saving as a PDF.
Possibly if you rasterize your type before saving may also eliminate the problem.
Let us know.

Hi @etilley
I had not heard of this problem before yet can confirm exactly what @JeffK indicated that you are not alone with these issues.

I did some quick testing and suspect this is either a Photoshop bug or a Font that is out of spec. Below is a similar font with the same text. The first image is the text on a transparent background and the second is when I select just the K character in the text. Note the tail on the K is outside the selection and that is also what is left white when converted to Photoshop PDF file.

I have heard and tried out just converting the text to a shape e.g. Text > Convert to Shape and the problem goes away. This at least keeps it in vector format yet the ability to edit the text goes away.
Best workaround I found so far yet other forum members may know more and jump in.

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 9.47.58 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 9.48.11 PM.jpg

Sorry for the late response here. Not the top technician but I did some checking and you aren't alone having this issue. I've also read of similar issues going back to 2013! :oops:
One old solution I found was to flatten the image before saving as a PDF.
Possibly if you rasterize your type before saving may also eliminate the problem.
Let us know.

Worked like a charm. Thanks much!

Back