What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help making a sillouhette of this image.

pcgeek12345

Hey guys,

This is my first post.

I am trying to make a silouhette of the Ford Fairlane in the zip file attached below, and place it into the BANNER_ONE.psd document. This is for a contest (redesigning the banner), so I have attached the current banner as well (profile_header.jpg).

The requirements for the banner are as follows:

• incorporate "the driver's seat of youtube" and "the most automotive variety" (DONE)
  • incorporate featured in car and driver, perhaps with that october 2011 issue cover (DONE)
  • incorporate something related to the make a wish foundation
  • silhouette design possibly using the 65 fairlane or if you have any other better ideas

So, what is the best way you guys can think of to trace a silouhette of the Fairlane, similar to the one in the original banner? I was thinking the Pen Tool, but seeing as how I'm on a laptop and don't have access to an external mouse until late tomorrow (I'm away for the weekend), that's not the best option at the moment.

It's not due until next Saturday, I just want to put my best effort into it and get it done.

Feel free to add any criticism or feedback to my current design.

Thanks guys!!

Attachments

• BANNER_ONE.zip
    740.9 KB · Views: 9
I added what you think might be correct, i don't get the lens portion?

You can trace the profile of the car by hand using the pen tool (best for smooth forms) or using Select / Color range. You will need to tidy up the result a bit if you use the selection route.
Criticism of your design? I would recommend against mixing so many fonts in one design. Maybe use a 'star splash' on car driver text. Also maybe reduce or increase the size of the magazine image and offset its angle. This will break its somewhat 'blocky' look.

Back