What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific I want to know if a blue wrap will look good on my motorcycle

Magnocube

Hello,
This is my first time posting.
I want to get my fuel-tank and fairings wrapped of my motorcycle since i do not like the red on silver.

My first thought was to have everything wrapped black. However since I will get it wrapped anyway I might look into some other colors
A friend suggested the color midnight metallic blue. I really like that color. but I don't know how it will look on my motorcycle.

My Idea was to get the silver side fairings and fuel tank wrapped in the midnight metallic blue color.
Wrap the black plastic cover with the red sticker, in just black.
Then get the Honda sticker in white.

I would be really great if someone could Photoshop the wrap on the bike.

Stefan

20220410_163154.jpg

midnight-glossy-blue-metallic-vinyl-wrap.jpg

Let me first understand for sure what you are asking for. You just want to get an idea what your bike will look like in various colors????? Correct? I can sure do that, the time involved would just be in separating the parts that need coloring. Once that is done I can colorize parts any way you want. So guessing all the now silver painted parts? Not that smoky gray stuff, looks more like plastic. Correct? And is the car here just to show the color?

Let me first understand for sure what you are asking for. You just want to get an idea what your bike will look like in various colors????? Correct? I can sure do that, the time involved would just be in separating the parts that need coloring. Once that is done I can colorize parts any way you want. So guessing all the now silver painted parts? Not that smoky gray stuff, looks more like plastic. Correct? And is the car here just to show the color?

Sorry for not being clear enough.
The gray stuff in the middle of the bike is plastic and will stay.
All silver parts and the black part with the red sticker will be wrapped.
The car is indeed to show the color.
if it's not too much trouble. Can you show the metallic blue and a metallic black version?

edit*: it is just for an indication. It does not have to be a perfect photoshop.

Please keep everything within the thread. The image has already been posted, no need for off thread PM's.

Ok, well only reason I'm doing freebie stuff is because I haven't touched photoshop in a LONG time... got rusty. Thought this would be a simple matter of masking out the parts to paint, adding a layer with the given color and lowering opasity but no.... I got an off color. So sorry, my "quickie" is a fail.
That being said, there is another way, I have done it before where the texture of an object is saved, then I can colorize and apply the texture. Again I have not done that in AGES and clean forgot how.
I saved my work in progress and when I have more time I will do some homework and remind myself how that's done, meanwhile someone else might beat me to it.
This CAN be done, perhaps someone else will jump in before I get to this. Sorry.

I understand.
I Appreciate the effort!
However i wouldn't be bothered by seeing an off-color one since that will be way more helpful than using just my imagination.
If you really think it's not worth sharing; it's fine!
Thank you either way!

ok, sloppy cropping job and I missed a good bit of the red/black sticker, but here. Such as it is.

I also posted a request for help on the technique I need to do this right. (GEES I have not done this since 2006. Talk about rusty.)

BikeWrap1.jpg

That looks great! I could not have hoped for a better image.
especially with the curves and lighting.

Thank you so much!

Edit: somehow the post from "IamSam" was removed. This message was meant for that post.

Last edited:
I'd been working on this as well...I think this is what you're looking for...although I'm not liking that gloss black side panel. Maybe keep the decals?

honda 500 wrapped.jpg

I want to thank everyone that posted here for their effort!
I believe it looks very good, way better than the current layout. Especially now the stickers are not visible.

However I think I will just play it safe and go for a black wrap. :)

Back