What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if i was to allocate 2gb out of 3gb of memory to photoshop...

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
would it raise or lower my CPU and system temperatures?

i just want to know as i would like to speed up photoshop a little with it's processes, it's not slow, just want to give it more boost.
I'm currently allocating a maximum of 1644mb to photoshop. and i plan to upgrade to the full 16gb i can fit on the motherboard (or a new motherboard and then it's 24gb) for Christmas.

Honestly it will not really go over 2 gigs as your using ubuntu but if you were to liquify a large resolution image for example that is when it would come into play. and I dont think it will increase your heat or cpu processing power for 95% of usage within photoshop. I also dont think it will use more than 3 gigs either unless you have a 64 but operating system and version of photoshop. You should be fine and if you use after effects then definately allocate as much ram as possible

Back