What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Illustrator Help

Linda, Glad to here that you are back on track and you have started building up your client base.

Thank you for my half of the 'Warm Feeling', it's worth more than cash. :D

Good luck for the future. :}
Al

amaaaazzzzzing series of posts

I have to say this has been an amazing series. I've only just found this thread - talk about opportunistic!! I'm in the same boat and as I read through this, the lights kept coming on so to speak.

Illustrator is quite the program but ohhhh soo frustrating when you've been dealing only with photoshop.

Now I'm going to have to start making maps with Illustrator. I searched round and round for Illustratior sites and came up with a conclusion. There are few and far between support sites like this one for Illustrator.

I'm envious of Mac 10 users, but alas it will be quite some time before we will jump to it.

Thanks again for everyone's posts here!
Tanya

Hiya Tanya, we cater for all tastes here, Illustrator is just one flavour. Just post your query and someone will lend their help.

Al.

Al.
You are one talented teacher. You really know your stuff. How long have you been working with these programs? I don't know how Linda could pull this off on the fly like that. I'ts taken me hours to get comfortable using illustrator. Ps users should forget about layers in illustrator working like PS layers. I never need layers except for tracing template layer. Anyway, you gave me some tips I can use.
Thanks [excited] Ferlin

Al.
You are one talented teacher. You really know your stuff. How long have you been working with these programs? I don't know how Linda could pull this off on the fly like that. I'ts taken me hours to get comfortable using illustrator. Ps users should forget about layers in illustrator working like PS layers. I never need layers except for tracing template layer. Anyway, you gave me some tips I can use.
Thanks [excited] Ferlin

Linda, glad to see you're getting the hang of Ill.

I just ran across this thread today. I can relate to your frustration. I started out with Ill. and then moved on to PS. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around Microstation (CAD system) 8}

I think if you hang in there you'll find that Ill is great for what it does. Ill CS has some new & very cool things added to it (3D functions like Dimensions had).

Hopefully in the futre I can help with any Ill problems you might come up with. You seem to be in good hands with Al and the others. :perfect:

Hiya Ferlin, I started off in Photoshop about 10 years ago and had never touched a computer prior to that. (Except for a Spectrum Z??)
I jumped in on a DTP retraining course due to personal circumstances and got the taste for computer graphics at first lick. Just read the book, twiddled every button and learned by trial and error. (Mostly error ;) )
Learned a bit of everything, Photoshop, Freehand and Quark but made Photoshop a speciality. Did a bit as 'assistant tutor' on the course and ended up teaching the teacher.

I worked in a couple of print shops, worked for a vehicle graphics company where I had to learn Illustrator 'on the run'. I now do a bit of graphics freelancing, a bit of 'consultancy' work and a bit of PS training in a community education centre.
In my spare time, ;) , I still explore the realms of Photoshop and I'm now teaching myself Cinema 4D.

Strangely enough, my careers advisor told me to go for Graphic Design when I was leaving school. I quite logically became a telecoms technician.
Only took me 30-odd years to fall in with the advice. :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers Al.

Back