What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Illustrator Help

Ye're a Liar! Said the dummy!

I stand corrected Said the man with the Gimp!

I See! Said the blind man, running in a blizzard!

I hear what you say!! Said the man with the Walrus sticking out of his ears![saywhat]. ( I just made that one up!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just back from pub! You'll get nothing but nonsense for the next 24 hours! From me anyway! [confused], if I've got anything to say in the matter! 8} 8} :rofl: :rofl:

Normal service will be resumed as soon as posssible, if and when appropriate! I'll take questions on sport in the meantime!

G'night all, [shhh] [shhh] [shhh] Al

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: R.A.!

Here's to your hangover in the AM! :p :p :p

Thanks for the info! Will await R.A.'s recovery :rofl: I am almost done with the logo. Looks great! The client loves it! (that is always good!) :p

Well I have a few things to clean up and the resize issue but for the most part it is finished. :D

Man I see jaggssss.....grrrrr [stuned] [doh] :(|

:perfect: Great going Linda!

[stuned] Man, if you're seeing "jaggies", I need new glasses! Don't magnify the picture... view it "to scale" in the environment that it will be posted! ;) Looks just fine to me! :perfect:

Thanks Wendy! Not bad for my first one. I see a few things I need to fix but that is chump change compaired to where I was a few days ago. Thanks again everyone for all the help! I couldn't have done it without you! :} :}

Linda pat yourself on the back :} way to go :perfect:
remember curves will always have some faint "jaggies" because they are curved not straight :D
The client likes it - yes! that is 60% of the battle over the remaining 40% is just your battle with you and your perfectionism he he he
well done Linda :perfect:
sfm

Linda, any "jaggies" that you see on the screen, will not be visible if you print with enough resolution. The screen is showing them because of the low resolution (72 PPI).

Linda I've kept this simple and skipped the saving custom sizes.

File > Document Setup:
Artboard: Size: Custom.
Enter width and height, 10 cm & 10 cm.

Click OK and the Artboard changes from A4 to 10 X 10 cm.

The Artboard will now show a 10 x 10 square.

Under View > Page Tiling, untick this to hide tiling.

Select All, move position the logo at the top left of the square.

Hold Shift and scale by dragging the bottom right of the logo to fit into the side and bottom of the square.

Save As > Logo.eps or export directly to whatever format you need.

Done! If you open the logo in Photoshop, just select the resolution you want, 72, 144, 200 etc. Photoshop will render it out at 10 X 10 cm at the res specified.

Al

Linda hope this helps, I chose 10 cm square although the logo is not exactly square. You also have my permission to set your own dimensions and borders. :rofl:

Al

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Al for the directions! Getting ready to give them a go! :} 8}

Ok not working grrr. I made the custom size of 350/340 and then went to select>all and it highlights everything in the logo (all the vectors, no box) :(|

I will keep working at it. Something I am not doing right I suppose. :(|

(Re-posted)

Linda. Make sure that View > Show Bounding Box is ON.

Once you have selected everything make sure it is grouped, Object > Group.
(It will transform without grouping)

It should transform with either the Black Arrow tool, or the Scale tool. (Left OOPS! RIGHT hand side, 6 down in the toolbox.)

Also, in the preferences, make sure that 'Scale Stroke & Fills' is ON, otherwise things start to look funny when you scale.

Keep at it, your doing great. :perfect:

PS. Look up the menu help, there is a ton of indexed info there, before tearing your hair out.

Al

AI is soooo cool! Client is happy, makes me happy, now they want more work from me... 8} 8} 8} :(|

:} [excited]

way to go Linda :perfect:
just remember us when your rich and famous ha ha ha
sfm

Linda That's great. :perfect:

Now, about my percentage... [sly] ;)

Al

Thanks everyone! I am basically starting over with all my graphics software and have added some new proggies such as Flash, Fireworks, etc. I think the break did me good. It is like a new world now. I always avoided AI because of the pen tool, which I avoided in pshop but once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless.

Al, sorry to say this one was a freebie. Starting out in business you have to give a lot to get a little. Word of mouth will make or break you and I am just a bleeding heart. But this is going to lead to a lot of paying clients as this person is very well connected to several companies that need sites! So I will split the "good feeling in my heart" with you 50/50. I really couldn't have done this without all of the help and encouragement I received here! Thanks again gang!!! :} :}

Back