What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm curious...Does anyone here like to travel ??

hawkeye

Guru
If you travel, how often and where have you been, and what is your favorite destination? Where would you like to go or to know more about?

I use to but don't like dealing with airports lately thinking of takingcruise to New Zealand (wife and I )

I've been to Iceland, Sweden & Norway several times. They are probably my favorites because of the combination of majestic scenery, together with the ease of communicating with people, ease of getting around while there and getting there from the US East Coast, lack of crime (big difference from DC) , etc..

The weird thing is that I don't go photo-crazy in these scenic spots - I just want to breathe deep, take it all in, and not get all wrapped up in photography.

T

I have to agree with you Norm, airports and airlines make travel a lot harder than it used to be.

I work in the DC area & live in one of the 'burbs.

It's a great place in some ways, but I'm neither political nor a city person so I'm always glad to get away to mountains or wide open spaces, wherever they may be.

T

I would love to travel but I don't make enough money. I'm fixing up an old Chevy '89 van so as soon as it gets up and running, I'm definitely going on a small road trip to anywhere!

I've never really been out of my state except for a few times. I've been to Louisiana once to see a band that didn't come to Texas. And I've been to Tennessee and Oklahoma to visit family when I was smaller. I would love to travel to somewhere in Europe. One of these days..

No one else said, so I'll start. I might have forgotten something but here is where I've been so far:

Egypt (5 times)
Morocco
Gibralter
Spain
Turkey
Jordan
France
Austria
Italy
Belize
Israel
France
Croatia
Mexico
Hawaii
Probably 1/2 of the US states

I love to travel. A few years ago I was a gypsy, traveling all over southern california and flying hither and yonin the US. But man, I agree with iDad. I never liked airports, but it has gotten so much worse here since our 911 tragedy.

I have only been to Europe once, to Germany and a little bit of France,mostly Paris. I'd love to go to England and Ireland and to the northern countries Tom mentioned. I'd also like to go to Austria. I want to go to China. The list is endless. I'd even like to go see my brother and sister in law in Vermont! The New England States are the only ones I haven't at least passed through. In the meantime, I take car trips around the local spots, like within 150 miles. We have such varied terrains here in the San Diego/LA area (not Lower Alabama lol), but I have seen enough of LA to last the rest of my life. I just go around it or through it if I must at 1 or 2 in the morning.

My greatest desires are to go to the sites of artistic and architectural fame. I once got to go on a whirlwind visit to the National Gallery, Washington DC, but all that did was wet my appetite. 30 minutes isn't enough for any museum! But I was there on a political foray and that was all the time I had . . . So, that leaves many places in the world.

OTOH, there is always tv and the internet, even if it does leave out the tactile, I guess I can wait.

I love traveling and been to so many places it's hard to remember them all. I'd have to say my top place I've been to so far was Thailand. Hopefully I'll be going to Hawaii on my next trip and after that Japan. I'd have to say, I'm loving the fact that the world is so small and fairly cheap to get to the other side of the world. Hopefully they will improve commercial air travel soon, so we can get there even faster (also keep your fingers crossed for space tourism :) ).

Back