What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im needed your help to choose the right Graphic Tablet

moonstone

Hello everyone, I am going to buy CTL471 ONE BY WACOM small tablet for PS retouching. For the time being I can afford the small one. Can you please guide me whether this is the right one for me?

Thank you!

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
If your on a tight budget, check out my review in this thread. http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...ood-price-turcom-6610-a-2.html#post1533687960
I now have this tablet working properly now and it is a bargain for a tablet of this size. You can get it at Amazon. I actually like it better than the Wacom Bamboo I had.

Hello everyone, I am going to buy CTL471 ONE BY WACOM small tablet for PS retouching. For the time being I can afford the small one. Can you please guide me whether this is the right one for me?

Thank you!

MikeMc

McGuru
I have a bamboo Create..(large)...I love it, but Larry found that one...I am looking at it for a second...Installation seemed to be his bug.

Sierraccr

Power User
I have the Wacom Bamboo small. For anything but actual drawing I don't think a big one is necessary and it takes up too much of my desk. I am saving up for the Intuos. There are some things this one just won't do, but as a starter tablet it works. :)

Chsavage

While we are on the subject of good, reasonable tablets that do things, could anyone suggest one that works well with mac? Everything I have is apple and I would really love to have a tablet I can do more photoshop stuff on than what the apple app store provides, which is essentially nothing unless I actually want to edit photos. Honestly I forget that photoshop is used by some people to do that, and not for graphic design type stuff.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My own personal opinion is to stick with any of the Wacom products. I have a mac and I started with a Bamboo. Had I known at the time I purchased the Bamboo how much better the performance and features of the Intuos pro were going to be, I would have sprung for it in the first place. When talking about tablets, you will get what you pay for.

Also, there are very few techniques in Photoshop that I DON'T use the tablet for! It is the best investment I've made.

nachofrades

For photo edition a bamboo works great, in my case I have choose the I5 Wacom tablet for digital paintng work. And don't choose out of wacom products, my experience is that wacom never fails, I have some wacom tablets obsolete for new models that works perfectly.

MikeMc

McGuru
My own personal opinion is to stick with any of the Wacom products. I have a mac and I started with a Bamboo. Had I known at the time I purchased the Bamboo how much better the performance and features of the Intuos pro were going to be, I would have sprung for it in the first place. When talking about tablets, you will get what you pay for.

Also, there are very few techniques in Photoshop that I DON'T use the tablet for! It is the best investment I've made.

I'm with Sam. I have the Bamboo and it has upped my game. That said I wish I had spent the extra money..The extra buttons and functions almost eliminate the need for my keyboard. Now I work on the tablet, but have the keyboard within reach for those commands I use.

I did get the wireless, but rarely need it. I do go thru pen tips though!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mine is wireless capable, but I just use the USB. I tend to go through tips as well even though I have it set to a fairly light touch.

loll7891

Started with a bamboo on mac fun in 2008, lasted since 3 days ago, it worked great, then I bought an intuos pen (base model) and I am noticing several issues regarding shape dynamics and several lags when drawing strokes. I don't know what kind of issue is this but my opinion is to not go for the cheap models and to check first any issues with wacom products and PS versions.

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-10-10 alle 13.23.57.png
    Schermata 2014-10-10 alle 13.23.57.png
    146 KB · Views: 3