What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image broken into seperate photo elements...

sfm

Guru
Nice one Ammar and a simple way of doing it to :perfect:
sfm

Yutosi

Power User
I really like to see where you could take this technique..give it a try. :B

Ammar

namvet

Power User
had a play with it .. not happy with result .. something is missing

Yutosi

Power User
namvet i think the problem is with the gradient use black to white horizental gradient, also you got to have a black backgound..

tallat, i'm so glad you like the image, are you calling me sir please don't,

Ammar

namvet

Power User
Ammaro .. thanks .. i used different coloured gradient on each image .. will re-work it :)

namvet

Power User
I like that ljiljana :perfect:

ok .. it's not the same technique (I did it 'off-line' ... and forgot some of the steps) ... but it's a variation :D

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: Great stuff Lily & Ian (namvet)!

Ian , 'forgetting' and 'improvising' are wonderful techniques to discover something new and create your own look! ;) ;) I, very much, like the results of this! :}

Yutosi

Power User
Lily of the west nice workabout..but a little beveled because of the gradient ;)
Ian no gradients..cool stuff.

Ammar

ljiljana

Guru
Thnaks for nice words Wendy
Awsome idea namvet ! ;)

Ok , Amaro I did something here trying to acomplish that nice effect you got. However I was useing the gradient on the mask .... it didn`t look right. On that pick I used 70% gradient and I did make a selection... No rules, here.. :)

BTW you gave me a nice nickname! ;)

wbiss

Guru
[excited] I like it too
"Lily of the West"!
;)

Just playing about with a variation on Ammar's technique... blend modes all set to 'hard light'...

sfm

Guru
Hey great Images here you guys :}
Wendy I love it - it looks great :perfect:
sfm

wbiss

Guru
:) Tx Sue & Ammaro!

namvet

Power User
thanks Wendy (wbiss) .. it seems that most of the time I 'stumble' around Photoshop finding things :rofl: :rofl:
Ammaro actually I did use gradient on the pics (b to w, right to left) then added a new layer with colour (from memory I think I 'overlayed' the gradient and did a 'softlight' on the colour (or was it the other way around?)then merged down to end up with one image but I will be experimenting further with black to white to black gradient and some other stuff I have in mind ... I like this concept :D :D
ljiljana thank you .. that was a great idea of yours to lower the opacity of the gradient for your image ... I hadn't thought of that ... btw Lily of the west is nice but I still prefer ljiljana .. :)
Wendy (wbiss) ... that's a fantastic image ... :perfect:

ljiljana

Guru
namvet you are welcome. :) (Kai`s powerfull tips and tricks :perfect: )
When you use a gradient tool to change opacity press numbers on the key bord 1, 2, 3.. etc depand to the percentage you need. Very nice. ;)

wbiss

Guru
Tx all! :) This technique definitely lends itself to all kinds of possibilities!