What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing plugins

VicZA

Hey guys,

I am using PS CS5 64-bit version.

I thought when installing plugins that we just copy the plugin to the PLUGINS folder, and that the plugin would then be found either under AUTOMATE or under FILTERS (after restart). I have tried this with 2 plugins recently but no luck.

Am I missing something?
Is there such a thing as compatible with 64-bit only plugins?
Do I need to change some settings?

Please assist
Thanks
Victor

photoshop 64bit plugins need to be in 64 bit mode most modern plugins now give you the option of 32 bit or 64 bit both files are different. And some of the bigger plugins require an actual installer to install the plugin.

Which plug-ins...as most are different but the norm I find is that they go C:/program files/adobe/photoshop/ then wherever they should go....some of them just automatically link up to photoshop such as OnOne and Alien Skin products! Let me know what your trying to plugin and I am sure I can point you in ther right direction!

photoshop 64bit plugins need to be in 64 bit mode most modern plugins now give you the option of 32 bit or 64 bit both files are different. And some of the bigger plugins require an actual installer to install the plugin.

This is also correct as well as I find 32-bit CS5 goes squirrelly when you load in 64-bit plug ins

Back