What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion!

Hi Snowdog -- I like your "invasion" piece. :D The ideas I had was doing something with the round front door/cover which is partially open...I'm not an expert here, but although the door is flat, it seems "too flat" if you know what I mean, like perhaps if it had a bit of thickness and slight beveling for the edge around it it could look more dimensional. Perhaps a bit more contrast also between the ipod and background.... Another idea might be to add a bit of highlighting, in a subtle way, just so the plastic door has a bit of smooth semi-gloss shine, say on a forward edge, maybe a slight gradient change in tone as the door receeds away from the foreground. I don't own an ipod so I can't say more than that about it's structure.

Lol, I like it. I agree with Raven on the door (button panel), it seems about half way around the circle its thinkness seems to dissapear.....maybe a drop shawdow may help a bit. Great idea :D

Ahh. I came late to this thread, SnowDog and upon seeing the first image agreed with Raven's fine critique. Dare I say your redo is perfect?

That's really funny. Ya know, if you let that image go on the internet it could become a cult classic. Speaking of iPod World...

http://mantlepies.com/ipods.htm

:rofl:

haha very clever snowdog. that is a wonderful idea and great work on it. did you make the little guy or find him online?

/cant buy an ipod now
//is scared of the little green men

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am gald you like the redo, I was pretty happy with it after I spent some more time on it.

ooptea the alien is mine , I made it with an old 3D program on my Amiga. Unfotunelty the Ipod is not mine but a pic I found on the net.

Welles that link to the Ipod world movie is GREAT!!!!

thanks glad you all liked it

SnowDog

Back