What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with switching back to Normal Mode

Resin

Hello there. I'm currently working with Photoshop Elements 8.0. When I change the mode from Normal to Multiply for example, I am unable to return to Normal mode. The only way that I've found to enter normal mode again is to uninstall and reinstall. I've searched online for troubleshooting tips and haven't been able to find anything. I was curious as to whether or not anyone else had ever had this problem and how they've fixed it.

Thanks in advance for any help that you may offer. :)

-Resin

There's no good reason for that, if you can change it you should be able to change it back.
Try resetting the preferences file.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)

or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Thanks very much for replying. I tried what you suggested and it still didn't work. I'm going to try reinstalling, and if it doesn't work this time... well then I'm all out of ideas. :)
Thanks again!

-Resin

I had the same problem. Like a similar issue where I did not have the monitor resolution set high enough to see the top menu bars, the "Mode" drop-down menu does not extend far enough to show "Normal" at the top of the choices. The solution is to click in the drop-down menu and then use your UP arrow key to re-display the "normal" mode option.

Hope this helps.

Jeack

Back