What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light outline around body silhouette effect (refer to sample)

I want to emulate this album art for the latest song entitled "Who's in Your Head", performed by the Jonas Brothers but I hit a snag...
I would like to know how to achieve the effect digitally where there is a reddish/pinkish light outline around my body silhouette to mimic 99% precisely the one (Nick Jonas - center) depicted in the original album cover.
Besides, do guide me on how I can create the greenish diagonal groove lines that lie behind Nick Jonas.
I couldn't find any helpful video tutorials on YouTube for these so I decided to head over here to acquire help.

Album art (original).jpg

I herewith attached my incomplete and not-so-close work:
progress.PNG

Thank you so much peeps! Please be nice to me 🥺

In looking at your previous posts...........I seem to be the only member offering you help. Are you saying that I was not nice to you before?
no of course not! you've taken my words out of context. sorry to make you feel that way Sam.. i do appreciate your help a lot!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
no of course not! you've taken my words out of context. sorry to make you feel that way Sam
OK! I wasn't sure why you would say something like "Please be nice to me:oops:" since you never said anything like that in your previous posts. And, for whatever reasons, I was the only member to really have any contact with you in the past, I was afraid that you felt like I was not nice to you. In review I felt as though I was very nice. Has anyone else been ugly with you on this forum? Why would you post something like that?

I can recreate the effect you're asking about but I'm not certain as to what you have done so far. Can you post your PSD file of what you have so far? As in the example you posted?

OK! I wasn't sure why you would say something like "Please be nice to me:oops:" since you never said anything like that in your previous posts. And, for whatever reasons, I was the only member to really have any contact with you in the past, I was afraid that you felt like I was not nice to you. In review I felt as though I was very nice. Has anyone else been ugly with you on this forum? Why would you post something like that?

I can recreate the effect you're asking about but I'm not certain as to what you have done so far. Can you post your PSD file of what you have so far? As in the example you posted?
My apologies, Sam. Just another high-context versus low-context communication chasm that spawns this misunderstanding. Yep, I was traumatized by other PSD help forum. People in there aren't very polite despite following the forum's rules and ToU. The forums are made as a place for requests and help but they sounded so condescending.
Sure, I would appreciate that, Sam. I would be obliged and Idk how I can return you the favor, after all those pointers you've given me in the past couple of weeks ago. Just for the record, I'm neither a digital artist nor a graphic designer but I always love to replicate album arts just for the heck of it (non commercial). I'm still in the process of learning too (hence why I said "please be nice to me" lol)
Alright without any further ado, here's my file... If it's possible, can you also try to make the name of the artist and the song title (that is in my native language btw) in a grunge effect according to the original album art? So sorry once again, Sam. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just me being anxious.

N.B. Might be important to achieve the final result - The font for my name is called Sabandija ffp whereas for the title is called Reservoir Grunge. You can get them for free by googling.

Attachments

• Remake album art.psd
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it's possible, can you also try to make the name of the artist and the song title (that is in my native language btw) in a grunge effect according to the original album art?
So are you wanting the work done for you or are you wanting an explanation as to how to do it for yourself?

OH MY GOD! THIS IS SO COOL! AND LOOK CLOSELY ALIKE THE NICK JONAS' EFFECT lol Thanks a million Sam!!!
This was just an example of the effect..............not really meant for you to use if that's what you're implying! LOL! Maybe another misunderstanding?

This is the General Photoshop Board........................are you wanting a free request?

So are you wanting the work done for you or are you wanting an explanation as to how to do it for yourself?

This was just an example of the effect..............not really meant for you to use if that's what you're implying! LOL! Maybe another misunderstanding?

This is the General Photoshop Board........................are you wanting a free request?

Initially posted in free request forum... I would love to save time as I have to get back to the vocal/music production task alone before the release tomorrow on soundcloud so yeah. I will credit your username as my co-digital artist if that helps :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will credit your username as my co-digital artist if that helps
No...........this is to not be used. The image used is copyrighted (not by me) and was used for instructional purposes only.........it can't be reused.

Since you were requesting help in "emulating" and "I would like to know how to achieve the effect digitally" and "do guide me on how I can create" and "I couldn't find any helpful video tutorials on YouTube for these so I decided to head over here to acquire help.".......this was not a free request since you were asking for help in how to achieve the effect.

The free request forum in not a help forum, it is a request forum. This thread was originally placed in the wrong forum and moved here to the General Photoshop Board.

If you want free work, you have to ask for the work and not how to do it.............make sense?

No...........this is to not be used. The image used is copyrighted (not by me) and was used for instructional purposes only.........it can't be reused.

Since you were requesting help in "emulating" and "I would like to know how to achieve the effect digitally" and "do guide me on how I can create" and "I couldn't find any helpful video tutorials on YouTube for these so I decided to head over here to acquire help.".......this was not a free request since you were asking for help in how to achieve the effect.

The free request forum in not a help forum, it is a request forum. This thread was originally placed in the wrong forum and moved here to the General Photoshop Board.

If you want free work, you have to ask for the work and not how to do it.............make sense?
I didn't move it, someone did. It was there all the time, so I my initial intention is to request for help to get the work done. so can you help me with the work?
And no, I wasn't referring to the stock image, sam. I was saying the replicated work to be clear.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't move it, someone did. It was there all the time, so I my initial intention is to request for help to get the work done.
I moved it for the reasons listed above. There was a redirect posted in the Free edit forum. Please understand that it was not "there" after I moved it. It was here in the Ps Board. Had you not wanted it moved, you should have contacted me as soon as you noticed and we could have reached an understanding on the situation.

As I explained above this thread was NOT a free request, it was a request for help per the language of the original request I listed in post #9. It was moved to the proper HELP forum which is the General Photoshop Board.

The free request forum is not a HELP forum. It is a free request forum. Work/Edits are requested and not help.

If you require a free edit, please re-post your request in the Free Edit forum and ask for an EDIT and not help. There is a clear distinction between the two. Please note that I diligently work to remove any reference to the word help in the free edit forum for two main reasons, free edits are not help (maybe indirectly) and it confuses forum searches for actual Ps help as well as indexed search engine databases.

I apologize for all the confusion. I can easily understand how we both may have misunderstood. Hopefully the matter is clear now. Let me know if you have anything further.

Sorry..........been very busy this afternoon! I can definitely help you with instruction on how to do this for yourself if you wish. Let me know.

Sure, please teach me, Sam. I was asleep already last night (in my time zone). Looking forward to hearing from you very soon! I need to get the work done.