What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE Action DBZ Energy Ball TUTORIAL/TECHNIQUE

mikelsaint

I am super Curious as to how one would go about creating this displaced Plasma effect. I know my way around photoshop pretty well....I'm maybe a 7.3 out of 10 when it comes to navigating around my CS6. I have a intuos 5 tablet. Just never seen a tutorial for something like this before...any pointers?

I noticed that as the particles look as if they are drawing into the center it begins to look like a submerged object almost under water....and the hands and body within the orb/palsma begin to look more hand illustrated...and you begin to see a detailed watery plasma rippling like water which also distorts the layers behind it like the hands and clothes......how is this energy ball done? lol
Hopefully the site doesn't shrink the images too much to not see what I mean. Thanks guys!

1318124_orig.jpg

2162240_orig.jpg

View attachment 32592
View attachment 32593

Inkz

Guru
Stocks of Nebulae, smoke and lens flares will help you achieve similar results...

I will go into more detail a bit late, as I'm busy just now.