What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo resolution loss when added to video

creatorsite

Original doc is 300 DPI/PPI with 2560 x 1440 doc size, then saved as .PNG, and have tried adding as .PSD, but still looks like crap when going fullscreen with video.

How to fix resolution loss in CS3? When you look at any movie trailer on youtube there's no jagged edges, no resolution loss. What gives?

creatorsite

Original doc is 300 DPI/PPI with 2560 x 1440 doc size, then saved as .PNG, and have tried adding as .PSD, but still looks like crap when going fullscreen with video.

How to fix resolution loss in CS3? When you look at any movie trailer on youtube there's no jagged edges, no resolution loss. What gives?

This is an addendum to my message --- Here's a live version example --- http://creatorsite.com/2review/

MrToM

Guru
Who's 'full screen' are we talking about?

Your video, according to the info below it, is only 768 x 432px so it will be clear as day on a screen with the same pixel dimensions....or viewed at those dimensions on a larger screen.....that's larger as in more pixels, not physically.

Viewing a small video over a much larger area, say a normal 1920x1080px screen, will of course degrade the output....you are stretching 768px over 1920px.

YouTube doesn't handle video very well.....giving you the option to view a very small version or a 'full screen' version....but never at the native original dimensions the video was produced at.....which is the best way to view any video....1:1.

If you want 'anyone' to view a video on a 1:1 basis at 'their' full screen size then you would have to produce a video for every screen dimension there is.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

creatorsite

Problem solved. I changed my aspect ratio in my video editing software to 1920x1080. Previously, I hadn't realized I was compressing it by 40%. Thanks to everyone who tried to help the blind.